X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up for auction tomorrow,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...-coupe/7433987

Comment

Will be interesting to see what price it sold at.

Comment

Someone got a cheap M Coupe,

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/bmw-z3m-coupe-8081

Comment

With fees sold for just under £20,000

Description declared corroded sills, bodywork/ paintwork requires attention, engine oil leaks. And don’t forget buying at auction comes with the gamble of not been able to drive the car before bidding. I think you could easily spend £5,000 making the car right.

Would you risk buying a 17 year old at at auction?

Comment

Bought by another dealer I would think to be flipped with minimal work done

Comment

i went there to look at it and possibly bid on this and a couple of other cars.

it was a dog.

i'd like to put a positive slant on it but simply can't.

would have been ashamed to be seen in it.

nothing that couldn't be fixed but believe me it looked particularly rough.

wanted lots of rust dealing with and a full paint before you'd have drove round in it.

Comment

Originally posted by chill4x4saph View Post

it was a dog.

wanted lots of rust dealing with and a full paint before you'd have drove round in it.
                Blimey, a circa £20K dog then?
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Let's no be too harsh, he's just posted in the new members section.
                  S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

One persons dog is another mans best friend?

I'm the one that bought it. Hammer price was actually £16200. Including all the fees it came £18100.
                    I think I got a bargain. And after reading this, I'm glad to see it's had rear subframe strengthening.
                    Rusty sills and creaky suspension I can deal with. Exhaust can be replaced and the interior is perfect. Me and my Dad drove it from Birmingham to Belfast in one day and both fell in love with it. There's life in the old dog yet!
                    Last edited by Chris W; 26-09-2017, 10:12 PM.
                    2000 Z3M coupe, Titansilber Silver with Kyalami/Black seats
                    2001 e39 540i, Topaz Blue
                    1971 2002tii, Bristol Grey

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post

I'm the one I bought it. Hammer price was actually £16200. Including all the fees it came £18100.
                      I think I got a bargain. And after reading this, I'm glad to see it's had rear subframe strengthening.
                      Rusty sills and creaky suspension I can deal with. Exhaust can be replaced and the interior is perfect. Me and my Dad drove it from Birmingham to Belfast in one day and both fell in love with it. There's life in the old dog yet!
                      That's the spirit, think positive, sounds as though the car just needs some TLC.
                      Mbrennan has had his sills off and cleaned everything up underneath, not a huge job just a bit fiddly. Something I want to do on mine this winter.
                      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                      1986 M635
                      1985 E28 M5
                      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Chris..... What about ya! You've made a good choice rare as rocking horse shit here in Belfast. Owned mine about 8 years now doesn't get out much only sunny days :-) keeps the rust of her! Cheers meet up here the craic........ Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post

I'm the one I bought it. Hammer price was actually £16200. Including all the fees it came £18100.
                          Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                          That's the spirit, think positive, sounds as though the car just needs some TLC
                          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                            Chris..... What about ya! You've made a good choice rare as rocking horse shit here in Belfast. Owned mine about 8 years now doesn't get out much only sunny days :-) keeps the rust of her! Cheers meet up here the craic........ Dave
                            Bout ye Dave!
                            You never head to any shows? Plan to bring it to a few next summer. Do you ever go to any BMW NI meets or go on their Facebook group? I've shared a few pictures already on the Facebook page. I haven't seen a Coupe over here in years!
                            2000 Z3M coupe, Titansilber Silver with Kyalami/Black seats
                            2001 e39 540i, Topaz Blue
                            1971 2002tii, Bristol Grey

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Hey Chris or Da!

Bout ye's too.... Yeah do plan to get to one of these.... been working overseas a lot of years, the wee M Coupe has kept a low profile but look @ them now! Give me a shout Cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by chill4x4saph View Post

it was a dog.

Interesting view!

Comment

Working...
                                X