Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alloy wheel upgrade - good options anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BEN View Post
    not had a plate on mine for ages, never had a problem, also ave speed camera's can never get you! haha!

But yours is never on the road!!!

Current - BMW M6
    Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
    Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I was running the car for about 6 months without a plate on the front at all with no problems, but then the government obviously were short of a bit of cash and pulled me over twice in a matter of weeks, so the plate went back on.
      Did you end up with any £30 fines or just verbally warned?
      Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        But yours is never on the road!!!
        its parked on a road you fool!

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
          Did you end up with any £30 fines or just verbally warned?
          One £30 fine and one warning, they said Surrey police are having a clamp down on illegal number plates, which sounds like a fantastic use of police time and money...

Current - BMW M6
          Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
          Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

As per previous posts, due to a quirk in the law, £30 + no points is the maximum fine for no number plate. It's an old law which has thankfully not been updated.

More recent is the illegal number plates law which is up to £1,000 + 3(?) points.

So they can give you as many warnings as they like about illegal number plates but that has got nothing to do with you if you do not have one atall. It's £30 for each offence, period. Don't be puy off by their warnings, they are trying to frighten you with a law which does not apply to you. They know that but they are not going to tell you.
            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
              As per previous posts, due to a quirk in the law, £30 + no points is the maximum fine for no number plate. It's an old law which has thankfully not been updated.

More recent is the illegal number plates law which is up to £1,000 + 3(?) points.

So they can give you as many warnings as they like about illegal number plates but that has got nothing to do with you if you do not have one atall. It's £30 for each offence, period. Don't be puy off by their warnings, they are trying to frighten you with a law which does not apply to you. They know that but they are not going to tell you.
              Does that quirk apply to both front and rear plates? What if your drove with no plates at all? Can you refer me to the relevant legislation?
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                Does that quirk apply to both front and rear plates? What if your drove with no plates at all? Can you refer me to the relevant legislation?
                I'll have a look tonight now I'm not going down the pub cos it's so bleeding cold

Comment

What fun that was - found some links - may or may not be useful.

www.selectnumberplates.co.uk/news/news_item.php?article=33

www.5ive-o.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-14180.html

www.merseyside.police.uk/html/news/news/january/mp29-01a-number-plates.htm

www.cambs.police.uk/newsappeals/news/newsitem.asp?NewsID=3748

www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/information/InfoCentre/ItemDetails.aspx?sid=1180

www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23705

Comment

here is the best site with so many different wheel types on z3m's
                    http://www.zvolution.com/Z3Faq/wheels/wheels.htm
                    however they are still missing one of the best combos - e46 m3 19's.
                    i have pics only with the rear ones on, mine are replicas and have 20mm offset (oem have 27 mm) + 25 mm spacers

and these are the g-power's 10" offset 20 mm + 25 mm spacers

Comment

someone on here posted a pic of his car a few months ago.

Think he was from Germany or something. I'm pretty sure it was black with these thick flat spoke numbers and they looked monumental.

Think they are monumentally lumpy too mind.

I'd like to see that pic again.
                      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Working...
                      X