Rear wiper motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper motor

As above, wanted! My existing motor has given up the ghost. Obviously a working version is required, just let me know if you can assist.
    Thanks in anticipation,please PM me if you have anything suitable,
    James
    (JKE11Y)

Got mine on ebay - it's the same motor as the E36 Compact iirc so searching for it against that more common model will give you far more hits and they come without the 'M' tax

Edit to add - like these
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkpa...&_sop=15&_sc=1

Only thing I looked out for was to make sure they'd been removed properly as per mistake listed and pictured in Step 2 section e here
    http://www.digitalsimple.com/TheMCou...perremoval.htm
    Last edited by 'Yadi; 23-03-2011, 02:35 PM. Reason: add link to ebay search
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

blank it off, bin the motor and use this http://www.rainx.co.uk/

Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks

Cheers Yadi, I was just quoted today, £240.00 by my Indy for a repacement /fitted motor, seemed a lot !!!
        James

Comment

Same here which was why it became a DIY using the guide in the second link. Took me a couple of hours most of which was me swearing at the boot cover trying to get it off.
          ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
          now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

I purchased a new one 2 1/2 years ago for £116.75 plus vat. Your indy price seems about right, took me around 45mins to fit.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Yep - I didn't think the quote for labour from my indy was unreasonable - and price was nearer £200 for the part new late last year even using partsreunited.co.uk iirc.

My working correctly numbered part, albeit second hand, cost me £20 delivered.

Comment

My rear wiper motor gave up the ghost at weekend. I had a look on ebay and also contacted the breakers but then decided that they may well be in the same condition that mine was anyway, so I've sourced a new one.

If anybody else is looking, the best price I could find was from Cotswold BMW at £159 delivered. At least I know it'll be sound for years to come. Cotswold were great to deal with - makes such a change to speak to a happy Parts Advisor, lol

If you find cheaper, please don't tell me
                Last edited by Fat Tony; 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM.
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
                X