No announcement yet.

S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headlights, Surprised that they come complete with bulbs and aim adjuster.

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• For a new price, I won't be surprised if they came with a car lol

Do you keep a list of all your replacements?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSasha View Post
        For a new price, I won't be surprised if they came with a car lol

Do you keep a list of all your replacements?
        That's true but the aim adjuster is £100 new and the bulbs nearly £50 per side from BMW so a nice surprise to get them included.

Its easier to keep a list of parts I haven't replaced

Comment

• Is the part number for the dimming mirror 51 16 7 894 729?

And does it not not interfere with the remote locking? I see the euro mirrors have something related to the remote, as you have to specify what kind of locking you have when ordering (433MHz, Infrared, 315MHz). While the US-one comes just in "one size" :)
          Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawel View Post
            Is the part number for the dimming mirror 51 16 7 894 729?

And does it not not interfere with the remote locking? I see the euro mirrors have something related to the remote, as you have to specify what kind of locking you have when ordering (433MHz, Infrared, 315MHz). While the US-one comes just in "one size" :)
            Yes that's the part number for the chrome trimmed mirror (they also did a all black version), the US specced cars didn't have remote central locking as standard (I think) so the mirrors

don't contain the remote electronic panel so you will need to remove from your old mirror and re-wire into the auto dimming one which does need some cutting inside to allow the board to fit.

You also need to bridge across two wires to give you power to the auto dimming electronic panel. The swap over took about 1.5 hours to do by my mechanic.

Comment

• Thanks - looks v.good!
              Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

• Replaced nearside headlight today, just 4 screws hold it in place so easy to replace even with airbox in situ, also gave everything a good clean,

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Also removed plenum so that I can repaint it,

Last edited by Dave P; 06-09-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Dave don't know if you have spotted it but you have a split bung on one of the vacuum pipes next to the power steering reservoir, you can just make it out in one of you photos. I had this on mine which made it idle a bit rough only a couple of quid to replace.
                    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Dave don't know if you have spotted it but you have a split bung on one of the vacuum pipes next to the power steering reservoir, you can just make it out in one of you photos. I had this on mine which made it idle a bit rough only a couple of quid to replace.
                      Yes I thought it had been replaced but it is just about to fall apart so lucky I have removed the plenum/airbox

Comment

• Is there another shield right after the large piece, to cover the lines (fuel?)

Comment

• And do you by chance have your old front under shield?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSasha View Post
                            And do you by chance have your old front under shield?
                            No it was damaged

Comment

• Dave as you know,i also removed the plenum,easy job isnt it ?..after speaking to Mark at MJF he was of the opinion that BMW made so many variants of this engine worldwide that they just used the same hoses on all of them!!!i am sure that you feel the same,there just seems so many odd bits and pieces...i checked all my hoses(or so i thought) and still had a small split in one..you need to really check em...your cars is certainly looking very smart mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                                Dave as you know,i also removed the plenum,easy job isnt it ?..after speaking to Mark at MJF he was of the opinion that BMW made so many variants of this engine worldwide that they just used the same hoses on all of them!!!i am sure that you feel the same,there just seems so many odd bits and pieces...i checked all my hoses(or so i thought) and still had a small split in one..you need to really check em...your cars is certainly looking very smart mate.
                                I just hope it goes back easier than it came out

Comment

Working...
                                X