No announcement yet.

What tyres are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine hankooks are at the road legal limit of thread depth so I will have them for couple of weeks at max. They still grip well tough.

The 225/255 is a bit bigger so I wouldn't expect much oversteer even with ad08 fronts and v12 rears (new). The only issue I had with v12 was really soft sidewalls, and perhaps higher wear. At least in terms of stiffness, the ad08 should be huge step forward. Maybe even the wear will be better.

Comment

• It might be ok but even if the rear's wider the front could well still offer a large amount more grip than usual due to the softer track-oriented compound.

Comment

• for c_w,please
        pression for toyo r888
        street,track
        cold e hot during the trackday
        www.fastdrive.org
        S50 black/black-red In Rome
        Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
          It might be ok but even if the rear's wider the front could well still offer a large amount more grip than usual due to the softer track-oriented compound.
          I'm certain it would work ok and be splendid to drive. But as you say, it won't be optimal in terms of speed/grip.

Btw I was just informed by my dealer the 255/35 ad08 are not available to him... now I'm considering other options. I just found federal RS-R for silly, silly money - half the ad08 for 140€. Reviews are quite good, only downside is they're on the heavy side.

Comment

• RS-Rs are supposed to be good but not tried them personally.

Originally posted by fastdrive View Post
            for c_w,please
            pression for toyo r888
            street,track
            cold e hot during the trackday
            The 888s work pretty much straight away from cold and get a bit better when warmed up. But on hot trackdays they can overheat so in Italy you may find this happens sooner! It may be something you can help by altering pressures though.

I love them driving on the street, they are a bit noisier and slightly firmer but I don't mind as the car feels so much more stable with them on.

Comment

• the r888 used one time on boxster s of my brother,compared whit khumo/michelin cup seems lost grip after 4-5 laps at vallelunga(tarmac is abrasive but nothing to special compared to mugello) instead the khumo can make 7-8 laps whitout problem
              anyway i use for khumo this setting if remember wrong (passed 4 year to dont entry on real track)
              street
              2,2 front
              2.4 rear
              track before entry cold
              front 1.9
              rear 2.0
              after 2-3laps stop and check
              front 2.0
              rear 2.1
              www.fastdrive.org
              S50 black/black-red In Rome
              Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

• Yes I have read too that Kumho are more consistent on heavier cars where the R888s can overheat. However the R888s go really well for long periods in cool conditions.

Comment

Working...
                X