KDS Wheel alignment price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDS Wheel alignment price

Just had a quote for a KDS alignment - ~£250, less 10% under the 4+ Scheme.
    Is this an average dealer price - seems a bit steep to me?
    Then: S50 Estoril Blue.
    Now: Audi B5 S4 Avant

Its the price unfortunately.

However, I would call up a few dealers and see how they differ.

Comment

Aren't theses a waste of money. Why not get a standard laser allignment done?

Comment

KDS involves Tracking, Toe in, Camber as well Castor.

Not sure if normal laser alignment involves this?

Comment

I found a local company that sets up race cars and they looked at (including checking balancing of all the wheels) and adjusted everything for much less than KDS costs.

Comment

cost was ... ?
            I'd be interested in getting mine checked after looking at the wear patterns on my old tyres.
            The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
            RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

£50 + VAT.

Comment

had mine done last year for £50 ish, when i smacked the MC!

Comment

Re: KDS Wheel alignment price

Originally posted by optionclick
                  .. KDS alignment...
                  Apart from front toe/tracking, what's adjustable on the MC? :?:
                  Simon.

www.bmwrallying.com

Comment

Pointless your just pissing money down the drain you cant change anything on the mcoupe except the front toe thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ANIMAL
                      Pointless your just pissing money down the drain you cant change anything on the mcoupe except the front toe thats it.
                      Agreed, KDS is a rip off on MC/Z3/E30 or E36 Compact (they're the same), neither end camber or caster is adjustable.

A £30 laser alignment, where the steering rack is centred and the front wheels tracked is all they need/can benefit from, providing the bushes/springs/dampers are ok.
                      Simon.

www.bmwrallying.com

Comment

Right, that's cleared that up then!
                        Don't suppose anyone can recommend a laser alignment service in/around Surrey?
                        Then: S50 Estoril Blue.
                        Now: Audi B5 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Compact
                          A £30 laser alignment, where the steering rack is centred and the front wheels tracked is all they need/can benefit from, providing the bushes/springs/dampers are ok.
                          An old topic, but anyone got recomendations for this service in the H/Wycombe, or Middlesex areas?

TIA,
                          Nick
                          The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                          RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Most tyre places should be able to do it; AFAIK front toe setting is 0 (parallel).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                              AFAIK front toe setting is 0 (parallel).
                              The actual recomended figures for front toe is 0degrees08' to 0 degrees13' - that's a shade of toe out.

At the rear, ithe recommended figures are 0 degrees to 0degrees30' - again toe out.
                              /// Exdos ///
                              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
                              X