X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 cats on ebay

S50 used cats on ebay,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-Z3M-C...cAAOSwmFdeqf3V

Blimey.........I sold mine for £75 to a forum member when I LS converted my car!

Comment

Current price before any discount, £3351

https://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-s...ds=18301404984

Comment

I need a pair of cats but at that price, i think ill just get some custom sports cats built !!
        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
        -------------------------------------------
        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

I think the seller will do a better price on these so worth contacting if anyone needs them

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
            I need a pair of cats but at that price, i think ill just get some custom sports cats built !!
            For what it’s worth, I needed cats and bought a set of e46 m3 sports cats and with not much mods, got them fitted and passed an MOT fine!

Comment

Interesting. What mods did you have to do?
              Previous: Silver s50 Mc
              Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
              -------------------------------------------
              Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Not sure if they sold but no longer on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
                  Interesting. What mods did you have to do?
                  Hi Adz S - I didn’t do it myself but was under the car while the fabrication was going on and whilst it was laid out in the plan stage.

As the car was minus any cats before it was a case of taking the m3 sports cats and working out the best route for them without fouling anything, restricting flow and ensuring they married up to the rear section which was also custom made.
                  The fabricator said on one hand it was a bit fiddling as some cutting was needed (you can see the weld in at the top part of the cat pipe) but much better as they were stainless cats rather than the stock 20 year old items. They had to then add a resonator otherwise it would have been stupidly loud!
                  Last edited by Rags; 09-05-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Hey Rags, forgive me for asking - but is your coupe an S54 or S50?

Reason i ask is i thought the S54 manifold/downpipes are level with each other (same as an e46 M3) but the S50 downpipes are staggered. Of course you probably already knew that but trying to gauge how much modifying your fabricator had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty88 View Post
                      Hey Rags, forgive me for asking - but is your coupe an S54 or S50?

Reason i ask is i thought the S54 manifold/downpipes are level with each other (same as an e46 M3) but the S50 downpipes are staggered. Of course you probably already knew that but trying to gauge how much modifying your fabricator had to do.
                      Rags is a S50, couldn't a good exhaust shop be able to make a set up for you using after market off the shelf cats?

Comment

Only issue I have with that is they want the car onsite to be able to measure up and make something. Which I completely understand, but the car has no mot, so I can't get the car to a shop and I can't get the mot without the cats
                        Last edited by Matty88; 21-05-2020, 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling derp

Comment

Originally posted by Matty88 View Post
                          Only issue I have with that is they want the car onsite to be able to measure up and make something. Which I completely understand, but the car has mot, so I can't get the car to a shop and I can't get the mot without the cats
                          Not easy unless you can get it trailered but still a lot of hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            Not easy unless you can get it trailered but still a lot of hassle.
                            Yeah that's it, a lot of hassle If i can find a shop that can give me a rough price before the car is there then I'd consider having it transported there, but have to factor in the cost of transport both ways on top.

Otherwise i think I will attempt to get a bargain set of e46 M3 cats and see how I can make them work.

Would be interesting to hear how loud Rags is with those resonators and whether i could get away without them, just having pipe in between the cats and back section to make up the shortfall. My back boxes are standard so hopefully wouldn't be stupid loud.

Comment

I wonder if a set of E36 M3 evo cats could be modified to fit,

they look very similar up to the back section that attaches to the rear silencers,

Z3M

E36 M3 EVO

Comment

Working...
                              X