Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay paint code

Hey,
    I am currently. having the engine bay resprayed on my Titan Silver S50. The colour appears to be primer. Does anyone have or know how I can get the paint code for a perfect match?
    Attached Files
    2000 Z3M coupe, Titansilber Silver with Kyalami/Black seats
    2001 e39 540i, Topaz Blue
    1971 2002tii, Bristol Grey

Previous

2013 M135i

There is a paint code in this thread but not sure if it is accurate ,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16909

cant you get your colour scanned?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      There is a paint code in this thread but not sure if it is accurate ,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16909

cant you get your colour scanned?
      Thanks for the link. My local BMW dealership has told me the paint code is F03 for the engine bay. Though the body shop suppliers are telling them that, that code doesn’t come up as anything. I’m going to visit a reputable car parts supplier today to see if they can find and mix it for me.
      Scanning it could be an option but there’s nothing to bolt off to give to the supplier to scan.

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Slam panel should be the same colour if its not been repainted. Personally I would try and get a scan as I have read the base colours on silver cars can vary from whiteish to grey

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          Slam panel should be the same colour if its not been repainted. Personally I would try and get a scan as I have read the base colours on silver cars can vary from whiteish to grey
          Slam panel has already been taken off and primed, ready for paint.

Previous

2013 M135i

Comment

Not sure if you ever listed it in this thread, but the brake fluid reservoir is NLA. On the S50 cars this isn't shielded in a compartment like on the S54 and all non-M Z3s so they have a tendency to yellow from the exhaust heat. I tried bleaching and peroxide in clingfilm but the plastic was yellow all the way through.

Due to the spacing of the bores in the master cylinder there are very few alternative reservoirs that fit as it was unique to the E36 M3 3.2 and Z3M S50. However after a bit of digging an E34 reservoir (fitted to pretty much all manual models) fits and are still available. It runs at a slight angle but works perfectly. Came with new lid and sensor.
            Attached Files

Comment

I recall someone mentioned a nice match for estoril under bonnet paint for touch ups... but can't find it any more.

Would anyone know of it, perhaps @Dave P?

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
                I recall someone mentioned a nice match for estoril under bonnet paint for touch ups... but can't find it any more.

Would anyone know of it, perhaps @Dave P?

Years ago I used some Humbrol "French Blue" which was fairly close but still never found a paint code that my local paint supplier could mix

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humbrol-1...item27b1c4bf55

Comment

Thank you, this is what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
                  X