Front suspension top mounts swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front suspension top mounts swap

I've been asking exdos about handling improvements and he's told me about swaping the front suspension top mounts to obtain a front axle 3 degree negative camber gain.

Has anybody tried this mod? Is there any picture-guided howto?

Thanks in advance

Re: Front suspension top mounts swap

Originally posted by supreme
    I've been asking exdos about handling improvements and he's told me about swaping the front suspension top mounts to obtain a front axle 3 degree negative camber gain.

Has anybody tried this mod? Is there any picture-guided howto?

Thanks in advance
    See my article at:
    http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewt...er=asc&start=0

If you read the section entitled Procedure under the heading of Fitting KW Suspension in that article then that's how you basically do the job using any make of suspension.

If you don't feel competent enoiugh to tackle the job yourself then get a mechanic to do it for you.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Article read! Guess I'll give it a try next weekend.

I'll take pictures of the whole procedure and post them in the gallery.

Thanks again!

Comment

I'd say this might be a good swap on standard suspenion if you want some more static negative camber but if you're lowering the car you get more negative camber anyway and might impact on tyre wear if the car is a road car.

Instead of increasing the static camber you might find it beneficial to use offset wishbone bushes (as per pre-EVO E36 M3 (to 1995) to increase the castor.

Exdos, how are you finding tyre wear with the car lowered plus with the top mount swap?

Comment

Have just done this, along with new ARB's, fairly easy to do, as long as you know how to use a spanner etc. then you should be ok, just make sure that you support the car correctly if you don't have the use of a lift.
          ( SAFETY FIRST ).

Steve.
          2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
            Exdos, how are you finding tyre wear with the car lowered plus with the top mount swap?
            I measured the tyre depth across the width of all the tyres when I first swapped the top mounts as a baseline and the wear across the tyres seems to be pretty even, so far.
            /// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
              See my article at:
              http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewt...er=asc&start=0

If you read the section entitled Procedure under the heading of Fitting KW Suspension in that article then that's how you basically do the job using any make of suspension.

If you don't feel competent enoiugh to tackle the job yourself then get a mechanic to do it for you.
              Can't seem to access this link. Can any of you mods reactivate this?

Cheers
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by M400DPC View Post
                Can't seem to access this link. Can any of you mods reactivate this?

Cheers
                Dan
                It was deleted by mistake I think and is gone for good

Comment

Bugger

Any other 'how to's' on fitting kwv3s?

Comment

There are some details on set up on here,

http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_m...geId=downloads

Comment

Originally posted by M400DPC View Post
                      Bugger

Any other 'how to's' on fitting kwv3s?
                      I fitted mine relatively recently so if you have any questions then drop me a message
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
                      X