Fuelling issue when hot ? - help appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boogar View Post
    My clutch release bearing is becoming excessively noisy and I am wondering if I will have to replace the whole clutch to sort it out. Is there a massive danger of me running the car like this for a while before getting it sorted? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
    My old M3 had this problem (same engine/clutch etc) and I never changed it. As far as I know, it is still running the same clutch now, 3yrs since I bought it!!! I was told it is ok to run, but I would rather you not take my word for it, then something goes wrong

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
      My old M3 had this problem (same engine/clutch etc) and I never changed it. As far as I know, it is still running the same clutch now, 3yrs since I bought it!!! I was told it is ok to run, but I would rather you not take my word for it, then something goes wrong
      Cheers Indy. It's not to bad but you know it's not right. Will probably have it looked at after the summer then and pray for a good few months of sun first

Comment

Boogar - like Indy, I wouldnt want you to take this as gospel but my mechanic was quite relaxed about me running with it. The vibration sounded horrible though, so I pushed to get it done.

A new clutch isn't that big a job, any decent mechanic can do it - just ensure they use a good quality part - so I see that as an argument for acting sooner rather than later. If you have high mileage you may want to consider the flywheel also, which makes parts much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by MattH3764 View Post
          Boogar - like Indy, I wouldnt want you to take this as gospel but my mechanic was quite relaxed about me running with it. The vibration sounded horrible though, so I pushed to get it done.

A new clutch isn't that big a job, any decent mechanic can do it - just ensure they use a good quality part - so I see that as an argument for acting sooner rather than later. If you have high mileage you may want to consider the flywheel also, which makes parts much more expensive.
          Cheers, I'm at 88k miles now but just had an oil service. I was a little put out with the chaps that did the oil service due to the McDonalds chip wrapper they disarded in the foot well along with the pork pie wrapper they threw in the passenger footwell also.
          It really pissed me me off to be honest nd I out i will take it back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by MattH3764 View Post

My clutch release bearing makes a horrible rattle when the car is idling :-( I'm not worried about it but will replace sooner rather than later as I am fed up of drowning out the noise of surround diesels at traffic lights

Comment

Working...
            X