Black on Black Holy Grail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black on Black Holy Grail

In a ideal world I would have had the patience to wait for the right car.... and I'm still looking I'm sure its out there but in the meantime....

My Coupe is black with red interior and I was wondering would changing it all to black interior affect its value? Would any of you if you were looking to purchase be put off by the fact that the interior may have had a colour change?

I have seen some great work done on E39 M5's leather interiors and was looking to get a quote for the Coupe.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

I like the black on black/red combo, works well, if it was mine I would leave it as and save the money towards a pair of pole positions.
    KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Comment

Personally it would put me off as I always check the spec against the VIN number for BMWs

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

First time I've heard of black on black being the holy grail for these cars - they're not american muscle cars and this isn't Fast n Loud

I think with the M Coupe it's more to avoid the stupid "who chose that?" combinations like Dakar with Blue interior etc or Estoril with anything but black or blue. Most of the normal choices are down to preference - for me the nicest combination is Black with Kyalami - really striking.

Mine's Black with Black/Grey, fairly rare and I must admit I have changed the colour of the top dash and centre console to black as I think this looks nicer, so it's now with grey highlights on the seats and doors only.

Comment

Never heard of the black on black holy grail thing.

I have however heard that blue with blue black interior is the most sought after and is therefore worth 25% more than any other colour combination...fact.

Comment

Sorry ...I meant holy grail for me personally.
            May seem bland to most but I like black with black.

Comment

Easy to get the seats and door cards from red to black but all the other trim like dash and cabin divider would be expensive to replace or even have painted?

Comment

I think the sensible thing at the minute would be to live with it a while, see what you think of it in a month or two. Often with these things they grow on you; you may end up like some of the guys who think the all black is a bit bland (I can say that as mine is all black!)
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                  Never heard of the black on black holy grail thing.

I have however heard that blue with blue black interior is the most sought after and is therefore worth 25% more than any other colour combination...fact.
                  And who is the purveyor of this marvellous fact?

Comment

Originally posted by FEP View Post
                    And who is the purveyor of this marvellous fact?
                    I'm sure I read it somewhere.... Though I could be slightly biased!

Seriously though, black with red is a one of the best combinations, don't do anything you'll regret with the dash / seat colour.

Comment

You mean boring black on black

These cars always look better with a two tone interior, well 99% of the time
                      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

I couldn't deal with two tone, it wouldn't put me off, but other people defo it would for sure
                        S54 titanium silver all black interior, 2001 51 plate
                        good things come to those who wait!

Comment

I went through the same thought process.....but the red interior really grew on me......it's just another thing that makes it a special car IMO....and it's looks bright in the dealer photos but was actually quite understated inside

Jim

Comment

It's easy to change colour

My sons just done an F type
                            Using furniture clinic kit
                            You need to be brave but it works
                            One of the strangest combos on paper is Black/ Kaylami
                            But it works
                            With are fetching top dollar now
                            I wodnt change trim colour unless it was a cat d or c
                            Just my 2p worth
                            Obviously Estoril with black is worth more
                            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Mine is 2001 S54 black on black. Not for sale. Never will be. My only other considered choice for a purchase 12 years ago was an S54 dark green with black interior but I could not find one. Probably doesn't exist.

Originally posted by abid View Post
                              In a ideal world I would have had the patience to wait for the right car.... and I'm still looking I'm sure its out there but in the meantime....

My Coupe is black with red interior and I was wondering would changing it all to black interior affect its value? Would any of you if you were looking to purchase be put off by the fact that the interior may have had a colour change?

I have seen some great work done on E39 M5's leather interiors and was looking to get a quote for the Coupe.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
                              Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
                              X