Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info

Comment

Isn't the fuel filter covered by the undertray? (not fitted in that photo).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        Isn't the fuel filter covered by the undertray? (not fitted in that photo).
        It is on the S50 and S54 but not sure if the S52 got the large undertray?
        there's a valve fitted to the fuel filter on the S54 so maybe the metal heat shield is to protect that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          It is on the S50 and S54 but not sure if the S52 got the large undertray?
          there's a valve fitted to the fuel filter on the S54 so maybe the metal heat shield is to protect that?
          Now you have me thinking that I might have been imagining this metal heatshield...

Perhaps it is just a plastic undertray after all! I will have a look next time it is on the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Bmw View Post
            Now you have me thinking that I might have been imagining this metal heatshield...

Perhaps it is just a plastic undertray after all! I will have a look next time it is on the ramp.

Only picture I can find shows it on a US S52,

Comment

I can't remember now either. I thought the plastic undertray that's not on that S52, covers the fuel filter.

Comment

The fuel filter cover part number 51718407735 isn't listed as fitting any M spec Coupe?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...7735&series=Z3
                Last edited by Dave P; 14-12-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  The fuel filter cover part number 51718407735 isn't listed as fitting ant M spec Coupe?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...7735&series=Z3

But can be seen on this S52

Comment

Mine were resprayed with special heat resisting paint to have a more OEM look. The rest of the subframe parts were powdercoated.

Comment

That looks terrific.
                      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Yea that does look nice! I'm going to be rebuilding the rear end on mine and will probably get the subframe powdercoated at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by ysinove View Post
                          Mine were resprayed with special heat resisting paint to have a more OEM look. The rest of the subframe parts were powdercoated.
                          looks really good and much like the original colour the exhausts came in when new

Comment

Thx. Also the front was done. Every screw or rubber was replaced. New shocks, brakes, bearings,....
                            Car has 20000 miles.

Most of the new parts:

Comment

DaveP has competition!!
                              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Bmw View Post

They are not the fastest, because they are small, so you may have to be patient.

Hope that helps?

Jon
                                Looking for a new tailpipe, I managed to find these guys Performance 1 Coating, based in Didcot (which are relatively close to me).

In the end, they've ceramic coated my backbox and tailpipe.
                                Nice prices also.
                                Should give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X