Heater fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater fan

For some reason my heater fan only seems to work on setting 4, (no fan on setting 1-3), I have checked fuses, and all seem ok, I am guessing that its a resistor type thing thats gone (technical term :-)? Has anyone had this happen, if so could you let me know what needed replacing, and where abouts its located, or is it a trip to a BMW stealer?
    looking

I have this problem too but have been told its the resistor which is meant to look like a metal hedgehog?
    have no idea where it is though
    Titan Silver 1999 M Coupe

Comment

Basically, the resistor limits the current to the fan, thus making it run slower. On level 4, the resistor is a wire (no additional resistance). Hence the fan runs as normal.

Unfortunately, whilst I understand the electrics, I've no idea what resistor you'll need, nor where it is.

Jez
      1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Originally posted by wadh0070 View Post
        Basically, the resistor limits the current to the fan, thus making it run slower. On level 4, the resistor is a wire (no additional resistance). Hence the fan runs as normal.

Unfortunately, whilst I understand the electrics, I've no idea what resistor you'll need, nor where it is.

Jez
        Quite an old post. From memory I got a new one from BMW main agent at around £30?, and I swapped it over myself, which must have been easyish because I dont remember how I did it, so it couldnt have stressed me out :-)
        looking

Comment

hi
          Im going to order mine from the dealers on monday and its costing £23 plus vat which i thought was good.
          just need to know how to fit it?
          not been able to find any step by step guides for it
          Titan Silver 1999 M Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X