Woohoo!! Got one :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo!! Got one :)

Well, after waiting for months for different things to come together, I finally picked up a Coupe this weekend, from Matt (SilentBob - thanks for everything Matt!)

Car goes amazingly well - better than i had expected, picked it up Saturday morning having flown to Gatwick the night before, then drove it down to Devon to visit some friends, before catching the ferry back to Jersey on Sunday. Did around 300 miles and loved every one!!

Car is now sitting in the car park outside work and I can't wait til 5.30 when I get to drive home!!!

Anyway, quick question - I've kept it below 3000rpm until the oil is up to temp, but is there a 90 marker? I've been waiting until its just shy off 100, but I can't work out what the two markers between 50 and 100 represent... Anyone help?

Cheers

Phil
    BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
    ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Congrats! I think the oil temp marker is non-linear so don't worry too much about the specifics. You should be fine doing as you're doing.

Comment

congrats consider the oil temps is around 100-110 on road use..on track arrive also over 120-after doing an refresh lap slow and restart to put on the metal...
      www.fastdrive.org
      S50 black/black-red In Rome
      Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Welcome

As long as the oil temp gauge moves to somewhere just below the 100 mark, you're OK to give it the beans. Sounds like you are being sensible.

I'll beat Dave P to it.....

....Pics?
        '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Cool, cheers guys, not got any of my own pics yet, only really the ones that were in Evo..
          BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
          ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

Originally posted by oo 1005 View Post
            Well, after waiting for months for different things to come together, I finally picked up a Coupe this weekend, from Matt (SilentBob - thanks for everything Matt!)

Car goes amazingly well - better than i had expected, picked it up Saturday morning having flown to Gatwick the night before, then drove it down to Devon to visit some friends, before catching the ferry back to Jersey on Sunday. Did around 300 miles and loved every one!!

Car is now sitting in the car park outside work and I can't wait til 5.30 when I get to drive home!!!

Anyway, quick question - I've kept it below 3000rpm until the oil is up to temp, but is there a 90 marker? I've been waiting until its just shy off 100, but I can't work out what the two markers between 50 and 100 represent... Anyone help?

Cheers

Phil
            According to the manual it needs to be at 80c before "giving it the beans" I read the dial as 50c / 80c / 90c / 100c and so on.
            Last edited by Oli; 21-07-2010, 01:14 PM.
            - Dakar Yellow S50

Comment

Working...
            X