Windscreen Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Replacement

1. Not found on RAC's system. Is it the same as Z3 convertable?

Dealer said they would pay excess as they missed so much on the car when they PDIed it. :evil:

2. Does the window replacement count as a full claim and will it affect your future premiun :?:

Comments appreciated :wink:
    Ex S50 99 Cosmos Black / Black interior

The windscreen is the same as the Z3 so shouldn't be a problem getting hold of one.

Comment

The windscreen is the same, its just the rubbers that are different.

I had the same problem them, specified that it was a Z3m COUPE but the morons ordered a z3 wndow rubber.

Rags
      RAC had to obtain them through the main dealer.

Windscreens do not count as claims.

Thanks

Rags

Comment

Actually had my windscreen replaced by RAC yesterday, second time in 2 months as it happens as the laminate went cloudy on the first one.

The rubber surround is different to the convertible and causes confusion when booking the job in.

Paid £50 and I've been assured it does not count against non claims but I have serious doubts as I know people who come the end of the year and have seen a windcsreen counted as a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by wookie-taff
          Paid £50 and I've been assured it does not count against non claims but I have serious doubts as I know people who come the end of the year and have seen a windcsreen counted as a claim.
          Ditto.

I went through RAC straight and didn't even tell my insurance company. Obviously I supplied my insurance certificate, but at no point did I 'claim through my insurance' :shock: .

Rags

Comment

Phoned Admiral and they assured me it won't affect no claims.

Anybody got the part numbers of the MC rubber and screens :?:

Comment

Ask them to search for a z3 coupe.

Should get them the correct part numbers.

If not, I can dig my RAC invoice out and let you know.

Rags

Comment

No worries Rags, he looked them both up.

If doing this don't forget the gradual tint! nearly did myself.

Comment

Re: Windscreen Replacement

Originally posted by sday12
                  1. Not found on RAC's system. Is it the same as Z3 convertable?

Dealer said they would pay excess as they missed so much on the car when they PDIed it. :evil:

2. Does the window replacement count as a full claim and will it affect your future premiun :?:

Comments appreciated :wink:
                  You might want to approach your insurance company to get BMW to fit this. I had problems with the quality from RAC; excessive wind noise, poor sealing. The insurance company may intially so no but with a fight they should let BMW fit it at no charge to you.
                  From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Dale,

I had mine fitted and then refitted.

Finally eliminating wind noise.

I think the same issue would occur even if BMW did fit this as its ll about the competency of the fitter.

Bear in mind RAC do this job day in day out so how they get it wrong is beyond me.

I guess what you do have going through BMW is comeback! :shock:

I had the chief fitter do mine and the job is flawless bar the idiotic choice of adhesive for the tax disc holder which is now impossible to remove without ripping it :shock:

Comment

Booked in with RAC, if they get it wrong they will have to do it again :roll:

I've got one of those secure tax disc holders, with wiring :?: :!: How do these work :?:

I'll be sure to mention it to them.

Comment

Just my luck, they turned up with a Z3 Roadster rubber, even though I told them they need the MC rubber :twisted:

Booked in again for Saturday, does anyone know the part number for the MC rubber?

Comment

Originally posted by sday12
                          does anyone know the part number for the MC rubber?
                          See: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...38&hg=51&fg=05
                          /// Exdos ///
                          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Thanks exdos, given them the part number, the manager is to call me back to confirm the correct rubber is brought for the job.

What makes me think they will turn up with the wrong rubber again?

Comment

They came with the correct rubber!! :shock:

But the wrong screen :twisted:

As the RAC guy described it cheap RAC c**p glass, and to top it all off it had a 5 inch blue tint instead of the 2 inch BMW screen so I would be looking through the tint whilst driving. :shock:

BMW part ordered at no extra cost to me as show off goodwill. Get it right on the 4th attempt guys!

Still, £50 excess for a BMW screen fitted for one chip the size of a flea, I even told the guy it was there when I bought it and he seemed very unconcerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X