windscreen replacement ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen replacement ??

has anyone had one done? was there any problems ? Ive just had a nice big stone chip my screen ! am a bit reluctant to have it just filled ! cos when i look the screen does have some smaller chips well minute really....so am hoping it will crack...or maybe another one will hit it ! would be nice to have a new screen fitted !

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ght=windscreen
    Ex S50 99 Cosmos Black / Black interior

Comment

Thanks mate..having an origanal bmw fitted.....hopefully no probs !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Had a replacement fitted a few months ago. Only realised hours after installation that is was not an original bmw and had an RAC badge on it. Pissed off at the time but OK
        Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Melvin,

Did you get it through your car insurance or RAC.

I have a crack in mine, and need to get off my lardy to sort it

Cheers
          looking

Comment

yes mate thru my insurance Sun Alliance...they gave me auto glasses number,but i said that i didnt want them to do the job as i had read bad things along with the Rac...anyway i rang auto glass and they then passed me onto another sub of theirs which then resulted in it being farmed out to an independant fitter...who beleive it or not know our cars ! they then rang BMW to check supplies etc.......all this because i was being a bit of a pain!(worth it tho) however Sun alliance did say that i could take it to B ems myself and pay the bill then submit my bill for reimbursment,no problem...the indy thats doing it for me told me that autoglass fitters have to do around about 7 jobs a day to make any money !! hence the mistakes !not sure if this is true...upshot is autoglass are busy at the moment and short staffed so they are farming work out to indys !

Comment

Working...
            X