I Love BMW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love BMW!

I will never buy another make of car again! Well I might, but I really really love BMW.

As you guys know I brought a 330ci in March.

Well I have had an annoying hissing noise through my speakers, most people can't even notice it, but I can! I went back several times to William Jacks, who attempted to fix it. But with no luck. A recall was announced about this hissing noise, they applied the fix that was recommended, it still hisses.

So, three months down the line and 3000 miles later, BMW have offered to replace my car with a brand new one! Not only that, the one I brought was off a list of available cars, but this time, I am going to be able to spec it all out myself.

I am soooooo chuffed!

So, question guys, manual or auto.... I have enjoyed having the auto, but I am not sure now....?
    Manual
    0%
    Auto
    0%
    Its better to burn out than to fade away....

Pants

if you're doing a lot of driving in traffic, go for the auto, otherwise manual every time!

Comment

BMW smoked to much of the grass :twisted:

"Café-Racer mit Raketentrieb"

Comment

A new 330D Coupe, auto would do nicely for me - that is, if you don't upgrade to an M3? It can only be a matter of a few thousand £ - IIRC you paid around 30.000 for the 330CI?

Or.... join the MC family again if you can buy your old one back!
        Anders
        Current: Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI
        Gone and missed:
        Alfa Romeo: '93 164 Super 24V
        BMW: '11 M3, 11' X3 30D, '08 M5, '08 X3 35D, '02 M5, '02 530D, '99 Z3 M Coupe
        MB: '11 MB C300 CDI 4matic, '09 C220 CDI, '98 C43 AMG'

Comment

Unfortunately it is a like for like swap, refund is not an option. If it was, then perhaps something else.

The 330Ci is fully loaded pretty much, so it came in at £35k. Just a few additions I would like, silver trim inside, the tyre pressure sensors, miss them from my MC. Perhaps a manual.

Comment

alex i see our mc's are still for sale, wanna go there and offer them what they paid for it? i feel like doing it sometimes just going there and buying her back, i dont mind paying a bit more as they fitted new tyres and did a full service, so do you think i would get it back for £30k
            kieron

2001 Phoneix yellow/blk leather ac schnitzer suspension/pedals Anthracite wheels.
            Ex 2002 blk sapphire/grey leather

Comment

Must say that would be funny, get your old car back for the same price after it's been serviced and you've played with another car in the meantime :)

Comment

2- 4 -1

Mr Pants, Good Luck.To replace a £35K car, due to Speaker Hiss,says it ALL.Shows AG has more 3 series coming out of its factories , than it can shift.New registrations coming up , Very soon it will be buy one , Get one FREE. :shock: Manual!!!
                safetyfast

Comment

Kieron,

If you could really stump up the deal and REALLY want your old car back, there's nothing like a bit of "cheek". if it were me I'd be trying to get her back for what they paid me.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Gaad, I miss my MC. I feel I fcuked up there guys.....

Never mind, look forward and move on.......

On day I may return. 8)

Perhap I could go as a buyer, test drive my old motor and complain about the tapping noise! LOL

Comment

Nice bit of service from BM - you did well there. Just a shame that you cant get a refund / upgrade. If you're going manual then surely an M3 would put some of the smile back on your face after losing the MC.

I doubt my advice has helped much :? but at least you are in a good situation Mr P. As you say, optimism is the way ahead. Look forward and move on ...

Cheers
                      Lee
                      ex Arctic Silver S50 - as soon as the baby can take the G-force, I'll have another one!

Comment

Thanks for that Lee.

I am wondering that now I am used to my auto the manual should feel v quick.

I am going to go for the manual I have decided. Going in at 5 today to spec the car up.

Comment

Nice one. Good positive (and logical) decision making.

Have fun speccing up - I suggest that you tick the 'non-hissing speaker' option

Cheers

Lee
                          ex Arctic Silver S50 - as soon as the baby can take the G-force, I'll have another one!

Comment

Well she has been ordered. Due to me changing to a manual, that gave me £1220 to play with, so I have installed a sun roof into my options, silver trim inside the car (a bit more sporty) and electrically folding mirrors.

That gives me pretty much every option you can have. The car came in £35 over the cost of my last one. Now BMW have been supremely good, I hope they do not spoil it and make me pay that..... 8)

I am ready in case they do. 5 visits to the garage to get this fixed, my fuel and time.... LOL

I should get it in Sept so it will be a 54 plate.

Woh ho!

Comment

Nice one. I'll be looking out around Wokingham for a new 3 series driven by an extremely smug looking driver.

Shouldn't take long to spot ...

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X