Choose a colour scheme for the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike,
    Something I just noticed is, when you get a PM it doesn't come up on the home page that you have one waiting in your inbox, I'm sure it did before.
    As for the people who don't vote, then they must be ok with what is happening with the site, so just go with what the people that vote want.

steve.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
      See, this is the frustrating thing about the forum. This thread has had over 100 views and only 10 votes. Even counting the forum regulars (and repeat viewings) that's a poor response and doesn't explain why people aren't voting.
      You'll only ever get the regulars voting, that's just the way forum's work :roll: :cry:

I've probably viewed this at least 5 times now, so if everyone did this you'd be getting nearer the total viewings and then over 50% would have voted which is actually pretty good going.
      Imola S54

Comment

Hi all,

morph/dark/grey for me. As per other comments can message extend across entire page or if not can remaining section be dark blue.

cheers
        You know, its not that quick.

Estoril 2000 No mods

Comment

Tricky, but prefer Morpheous Grey

RogerE
          GT3 Cobalt Blue. PCCB. Roll Cage. Buckets.

Ex M Coupe.

Now Gone

Comment

Originally posted by bungle
            You'll only ever get the regulars voting, that's just the way forum's work :roll: :cry:

I've probably viewed this at least 5 times now, so if everyone did this you'd be getting nearer the total viewings and then over 50% would have voted which is actually pretty good going.
            13 votes in this time is pretty bad considering theres nearly 60 people registered for an event in 2 weeks or so.

Id be checking the forum to see what was happening ......

Comment

I'm sorry to say this, but I think that the colour scheme just isn't that important in the big picture: I am more interested in the width of the information presented. My guess is that most people don't care about the scheme (which is why the vote count is so low).

As noted elsewhere, the scheme that is presented in the forum "www.zroadster.net/forum" and "www.z4um.com/" take a lot of beating: for one thing, I read these forums (fora?) on a regular basis, and I feel very comfortable with them. Right now, I have to adjust to the width issue in this forum, and the different colours: frankly, it is somewhat of a pain, and I don't yet see any benefit.

SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
              OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
              Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
              AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
              SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
              NOV 2007: SOLD

Comment

The width can be adjusted, but there is good reason for it being the size it is. Some folk don't have huge screens/high resolutions and if you have a fixed very wide view of the text, it makes it tricky to read. But of course it also works the other way too.

It needs to be set to a percentage of the screen width and the banner at the top adjusted so that it can stretch as the window is resized.

Personally I don't have a problem with the width as it is? :? but I can see why some folk might have :)

Sure Mike will change it when he gets time.
                Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Working...
                X