Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** MCoupe Trackday **** updated 11-5-05

Hi Guys,

I've spoken to Bookatrack regarding possible discounts and the answer was yes if we pay in one transaction, so thats no problem.

I suggested Donington as a venue as we all know how to get there however I know this could be a treck for some. Maybe a north and south venue would be best ? Min number for the discount is 10.

Over to you lot.

www.bookatrack.com

finally a vote!!
    well i voted for the budget one, it will be great to meet up again!

maybe snetterton, maybe for the central option bedford! everywhere is about 2 hours for me so not really bothered! As long as the old bill stay away from me! :evil: :evil:

Comment

Rockingham would be good, as would Donnington
      PhilT.

2002 S54
      Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

16 people is that all we can muster ?

Comment

ive been to bruntingthorpe on track days ideal for first timers i spun at 120mph didn't touch a thing
          £99.00 open pit lane well run by easytrack. :shock:

Comment

It seems obvious that there are not enough people willing to make a forward commitment in order to arrange an M Coupe trackday. In fact, even mixing it with other makes of car, it just doesn't look do-able :cry:

I am doing Silverstone GP circuit on 14th June costing £299 for the day. The format is 3 sessions per hour i.e. you do 20 minutes then come in for 40 minutes to check the car over/refreshments/watch the others on track, then go out again. Arrival 8.30./9. Finish 5.

Have used www.trackdays.co.uk before at Brands Hatch and they are well organised. Will give you tuition from the passenger seat for £30(?) if required. It's a great day out and if you have not trackdayed before then you will learn more in one day about the car (and yourself :shock: ) than you will driving on the road for a whole year.

Typically, other cars range from Elises to Porsches, Caterhams, Honda Type Rs, TVRs.

If anyone is interested (and I am not holding my breath), then get your credit card out and do something about it.

I can show you the ropes but it is well organised so you should be okay.
            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

This response is pretty disappointing, and surprising to be honest - just out of interest is there anyone who hasn't responded who is prepared to let us know why - whats stopping people :?:

If we can find out whats turning people off maybe we can get it sorted
              PhilT.

2002 S54
              Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

Here, Here...

Comment

I've asked Mike to mail everyone with a link to the thread.

Comment

I'm definitely up for a track day in my MC and I may get someone to bring my e30 m3 along too if its before end of July. I have 2 friends who want to come along in their own cars as none of us has been on a track day yet. I'm fine with bedford as it only up the road but don't mind travelling a bit.

Comment

Well you asked for a response to why such a low response. I can only feedback with my own reasons. I am concerned about damaging the car, to find out more about the car, you have to push it fairly close to the limit and that is, in respect to both the car and driver. Pushing to the limit is not a issue for me, as I have done this a number of times in a Go Kart. The difference is, the car is my own, the potential cost of replacing tyres, brakes etc is not something I want or indeed can afford. I now all this sounds a bit boring, but it is a honest answer. To go on a track day and trundle around without risking any damage, is just a waste of time in my book. Sorry, but you did ask.

Comment

Trackday.

thanks,
                        i would be very interested in a track day, M Roadster,
                        done goodway in other cars,my Roadster m has had a lot off stuff done and is pretty well set up for a track day. upto 200 is good, depends where it is etc... be good to have other trypes of car there too? am i alone in my thoughts?
                        anyhow thanks and keep me posted. James.s

Comment

I, too, would been keen to do a trackday (provided I can get the requisite weekend off). As for the costs involved, I would plump for the budget variant. So what if the pit facilities and the name aren't up to much? Provided we have tarmac, corners, run-offs and some sort of control on who's there, I'd enjoy a bimble round anywhere.

And as for damaging the car goes, I have only done one trackday and I reckon you are more likely to drive into something/be driven into on the public highway. People were so paranoid about hitting each other that overtakes involved about 60ft laterally between the cars.

One advantage of a Coupe (or Coupe/Roadster) trackday would be that everyone will be travelling at more or less the same speed. You don't have the worry of collecting a 106 or being collected by a GT3.

I'm sure this has been though of, but would it be an idea to try to combine the day with a Roadster forum? That might improve numbers.
                          '99 Estoril Blue

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've spoken to Bookatrack regading possible discounts and the answer was yes if we pay in one transaction, so thats no problem.

I suggested Donington as a venue as we all know how to get there ;) however I know this could be a treck for some. Maybe a north and south venue would be best ? Min number for the discount is 10.

Over to you lot.

www.bookatrack.com

PeteS - I see what you are saying but s longer track such as Donington wouldnt take too much of a toll on your car especially on the National layout.

Comment

donnington i a treck but i dont mind the travel so its fine with me!
                              i have everything set up for afterwards tyres brakes so need to knacker them all out!

Comment

Working...
                              X