No announcement yet.

S54 project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. If they decided to leave it in, I'd be curious why. I've heard differing views on how difficult it is to replace - I believe it's bonded.
    2001 S54 Silver with Red/Black interior. Totally standard.

Comment

Rear side glass doesn't need to be removed but seals can be.

Comment

Thanks, Dave. So, the seals can be removed without removing the glass? Can the seals be removed without removing the rear wings?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatter View Post
          Thanks, Dave. So, the seals can be removed without removing the glass? Can the seals be removed without removing the rear wings?

Thinking about it I am not sure if you can just remove the rear side window seal - for some reason I thought you could but not 100% sure now. You can remove the side windows and seal with the rear wing in place.

Comment

�� I think I'll just remove the wings, probably easier than messing with bonded windows.

Comment

Hopefully someone who has had a respray will confirm regarding the rear window seals

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                Hopefully someone who has had a respray will confirm regarding the rear window seals
                Yep, seals can be removed without removing wing or window. When mine was done they removed the offside rear window before realising it wasn’t necessary so the near side one was left in.
                1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

On my car they didn't remove the windows, just the seals. Originally the plan was to take they windows out but the paint shop have reassured me that its not necessary and that its better to leave them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                    Yep, seals can be removed without removing wing or window. When mine was done they removed the offside rear window before realising it wasn’t necessary so the near side one was left in.
                    Thanks for confirming

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    On my car they didn't remove the windows, just the seals. Originally the plan was to take they windows out but the paint shop have reassured me that its not necessary and that its better to leave them in.

they look like they know what they are doing

Comment

Great info. The reason I asked, is that I have a tiny (1-2mm) blister on the top of one of my wings at the edge of the seal. I was planning on removing the wing to take care of the blister, and make sure nothing was hiding underneath. But. If I can simply remove the seal without removing the glass, that would make life a lot easier. Just got to figure out how to do it now...

Apologies for the thread derailment.

Comment

Body works virtually done.

878E2781-A116-49A9-9E83-0F774F2C0015 by Ross Britten, on Flickr
                        9DD1A5C5-317E-408B-8930-E75B8A945C7E by Ross Britten, on Flickr
                        75262D49-8E0E-49ED-B3EB-35B6418BC60A by Ross Britten, on Flickr
                        F6B1F308-D026-462E-9DC6-23B9121F8651 by Ross Britten, on Flickr

Comment

That looks amazing, would love to be able to do that with mine!

Feel your pain with the previous Estoril, gutted i had to let mine go.

Look forward to seeing this progress

Comment

+1

It looks factory fresh.
                            2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Looks really good, are you bringing it back to UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty88 View Post
                                That looks amazing, would love to be able to do that with mine!

Feel your pain with the previous Estoril, gutted i had to let mine go.

Look forward to seeing this progress
                                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X