Northumberland mini-meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumberland mini-meet

First proper trip in the MC - met up with some Scottish friends in Northumberland for a mini BMW meet including an E46 M3 and a street sleeper modified E92 325i (also another friend with a Golf GTD estate)

Blatted around the coast, Lindisfarne, Rothbury, across to Kelso & Hawick and then a trip to the "toon" to get a photo with the Angel of the North, before heading back to Hampshire.

Trip was nigh on 1000 miles - managed to record 32.4mpg on the way home, but while blatting around up there was down in the teens! May have enjoyed myself a little too much....

Also got to fit in a drag race against the E46 M3 and came out on top (just) - slightly helped by his TC cutting in as he changed from 1st to 2nd!

Anyhoo, some photos from the weekend... Car didn't miss a beat & I was very grateful for the paint protection film!

----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Not sure if this will work but here's a video of 12 cylinders of BMW I6 doing a fly past at full chat...

https://i.imgur.com/n3kTvBZ.mp4
    Last edited by 137699; 31-08-2020, 06:20 PM.
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Great to hear you've had such a good first run out. MCs are such a wonderful drivers car
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Yeah - I chose Northumberland for this meet due to the quality of the roads and the relative lack of traffic on them.

Was fortunate with the weather as giving it the full beans may not have been such fun if it had rained.... got it airborne on 2 or 3 occasions - testament to the build quality that nothing went wrong and it didn't miss a beat all weekend despite the punishment!

Kind of wish the back end was a trifle more communicative and that the brakes had a bit more feel in them, but still, what a car!
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Some great photos there David, pleased you had some good weather to cover your time up north. You've beaten me to it, taking a photograph with the Angel of the North as a drop back, been meaning to take one myself for ages.
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Haha - yes I had driven past the AooN so many times on the A1 but as far as I can recall, never actually ever pulled off to go and stand next to it. Certainly if I have, I had never photographed it with a car in front!

One of the other guys from the trip just sent me this dashcam footage of my car getting airborne on the A6088 heading from Hawick back towards the hotel in Ashington!

https://imgur.com/iT4taoE
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Working...
            X