Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight/Dash Dim Switch

All,

A simple query; when the switch is fully rotated clockwise, should the dash completely black out ... or be at its brightest? :?

Thanks
    The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Brightest iirc
    Ex S54 - She has gone....

Comment

Mine's turning too far then!

Cheers!!
      The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
      RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler
        Mine's turning too far then!

Cheers!!
        It could be a faulty switch?

What I would guess happens is that there is a variable resistance, then at the end of the track it turns to a full contact for full brightness and this contact may not be working properly?

Comment

Does anyone know the part number for the headlight/dash light assembly? Mine is activating the headlights by pulling it but has been very temperamental with adjusting the dash illumination. They now don't activate the dash, gear knob and button lights at all. I guess the variable resistor element has failed. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesduncan View Post
            Does anyone know the part number for the headlight/dash light assembly? Mine is activating the headlights by pulling it but has been very temperamental with adjusting the dash illumination. They now don't activate the dash, gear knob and button lights at all. I guess the variable resistor element has failed. Thanks in advance.

It may be possible to fix your current one,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...light=rheostat

Comment

Not sure without double checking which part number is used on the Euro M Coupe but part numbers can be found here,

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_0144

not sure if its 508 or 506

Comment

On one of the Roadster forums I've read & seen some horror stories relating to the headlamp switch and it's propensity to become a fire hazard when the innards start to break down - I'd very much go for a brand new one rather than trying to repair or buy a working used one.
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<
                2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

If anyone can confirm the actual correct part number as realoem and other parts listings give conflicting information

Comment

I think it's the version without the fog lights - 61318353508 Can't find a new one anywhere though. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesduncan View Post
                      I think it's the version without the fog lights - 61318353508 Can't find a new one anywhere though. Any ideas?

Just looked at my original one and yes its the 508 - There is one new one in BMW's UK stock and plenty in Germany stock - £154 inc vat before any discount

Comment

I need one of these as well, surely that’s a bit pricey?

Comment

Pricey yes, but this would be enough to have me paying the money if/when I need one:

https://www.zroadster.org/threads/he...-warned.18748/
                          ----------------
                          David
                          1999 M Coupe (S50)
                          >>Read my journal here<<
                          2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                          2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

I will sell my used one if anyone wants one - it was removed when I fitted front fogs which need the 806 version

Comment

Dave P - I have PM'd you

Comment

Working...
                              X