No announcement yet.

A bit more noise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered the Simota kit based on 2-5 day delivery, paid for it, then got an email an hour later saying they're the new Simota UK stockists and don't have any of these kits in stock. It'll take c6 weeks to get new stock in
    Scram

2000 W Z3M Coupe in Dakar Yellow
    Schrick 284 Cams
    Simota Induction Kit
    3.46 Diff
    Competition Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
    Quick Shift Kit
    Bilstein Sprint & Polybushed Suspension
    H&R ARB's
    Supersprint Exhaust
    ACS Flippers and Rear Spoiler

Comment

The Simota induction kit arrived at last Fitting was straight forward, although a bit tight!

Can't say there's a massive difference in noise, although it does feel a bit more free revving!

Thought it worth while getting the fuel/air ratio's checked, so booked it in for a run on a rolling road. The report showed fuelling to be perfect and performance output 250 BHP at the wheels and 296 BHP at the flywheel. The last rolling road results I have for the car were done back in 2008 and it was producing 307 BHP at the flywheel, so its down a bit, but then its done a few more miles since then.

I realise the 321BHP specified by BMW is without all the ancillaries, but anyone got any comparable rolling road results. 250BHP and 296BHP look pretty good to me, but I'd be interested what others are getting?

Scram
      Scram

2000 W Z3M Coupe in Dakar Yellow
      Schrick 284 Cams
      Simota Induction Kit
      3.46 Diff
      Competition Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
      Quick Shift Kit
      Bilstein Sprint & Polybushed Suspension
      H&R ARB's
      Supersprint Exhaust
      ACS Flippers and Rear Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by scram View Post
        The Simota induction kit arrived at last Fitting was straight forward, although a bit tight!

Can't say there's a massive difference in noise, although it does feel a bit more free revving!

Thought it worth while getting the fuel/air ratio's checked, so booked it in for a run on a rolling road. The report showed fuelling to be perfect and performance output 250 BHP at the wheels and 296 BHP at the flywheel. The last rolling road results I have for the car were done back in 2008 and it was producing 307 BHP at the flywheel, so its down a bit, but then its done a few more miles since then.

I realise the 321BHP specified by BMW is without all the ancillaries, but anyone got any comparable rolling road results. 250BHP and 296BHP look pretty good to me, but I'd be interested what others are getting?

Scram
        some details here,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3130

Comment

Working...
        X