Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - can't turn off lights

Hi all

Noticed a physical resistance the headlight pull switch earlier today.

Just parked up and now the bugger won't go all the way in so I'm left with the darn parking and cabin lights on.

Not at home at mo - so no tools until tomorrow am. Anyone else had this yet and is it easy enough to fix?

Cheers
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Thanks Neil,

I've not got enough light to get a proper look at the fuse panel tonight unfortunately and even with the Bentley Manual to peruse I suspect I'll be struggling even in the light - that suggests any one of a few fuse positions could be helpful.

I've resorted to a sledgehammer approach and disconnected the battery tonight.
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Not sure this is worth a technical or knowledgebase entry but thought I'd note I fixed this in light of day.
      Battery disconnected I took the cap of the headlight switch off.

Inside the hollow cup of the main body there's a small nut to be released. Once that's off the switch pull's main body unscrews off the same thread which then revealed the following

The screw holding the vent trim in place has worked loose and fallen behind the switch stopping it pushing all the way back in. Enough to turn off the main beam but not the parking light. Screw back in place and switch reattached. With battery reconnected all is well again.

I had noticed an occasional hum from that vent so guess it was that trim screw coming free.

Comment

Working...
      X