S50 Estoril - new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Estoril - new owner

Been here a couple of weeks - thought it time to do a formal "intro"!

So yesterday I picked up this little beauty:
    https://hofmanns.co.uk/sold-car/bmw-z3m-coupe-3-2/

It's been owned by a few forum members during it's life including Broccers who it seems was mod on here for many years.

I've always wanted a Z3MC ever since they were released and I came close to buying one back around 2005 when I was looking to move on from my (then) Clio V6 but life got in the way, the Z idea had to be parked.... and over the proceeding years prices started to rise from the £9k I was looking at back in 2005...

Fast forward to 2019, my mother passed away and left me some money - what better way to invest it than by scratching the itch that'd been there for 2 decades - and a sound investment given the values are only going one way.

So the one I have bought is on spec - i.e. it HAD to be Estoril blue & it HAD to have cruise control. I also desired sunroof and HK and it has both of these also.

I'll be honest, one of the previous owners has gone to town with de-chroming the car and painting the grills & wheels black - this isn't to my taste so I will be putting them back to silver/chrome when time & finances allow.

Everything seems to work (except the clock) - mechanically it seems fine (save for an oil weep) & structurally it seems very sound. There is (what appears to be) cosmetic rust on the sill covers & also on the tailgate, so I'll get it into the bodyshop to get these attended to pronto - and they can have a good poke around to see if anything else needs doing.

Other plans are to replace the aftermarket stereo with, at least, something that lights up orange (though I'd like to retain the Bluetooth) & I'm talking to Munich legends to give it the once over plus upgrade the rear suspension, attend to the oil weep, upgrade the clutch hose.

I'm hoping cosmetically & mechanically it will be sorted by early summer so I can properly enjoy it during the better weather - already planning a weekend away in September with some of my petrol-head friends to put it through it's paces.

I'll be using the car - it's not going to be a garage queen - I'll be using it for work periodically - so things like cruise, Bluetooth, and an armrest will be important.

I'd be interested to know if the forum or any other clubs ever do meets as it's be great to hook up with other MC owners!

BTW I'm in Winchester, Hampshire - if anyone is local to me be great to hook up?
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Congratulations

Comment

Welcome
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Working...