HK Audio wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK Audio wiring...

Does anyone know how the wiring is configured on the HK audio? I've recently replaced the old Alpine that was in there with a newer 117Ri which is iPhone compatible, but have noticed a decline in the sub - the 117Ri has a specific line in for the sub but from what I can make out the sub wiring is all included with the other speakers - does anyone know if its easy to break the sub line in out from the rest of the speakers so that I can control it specifically from the headunit?

Cheers

Phil
    BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
    ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

The HK audio uses the speaker wires as per stanadard setup, even though there is am amp connected. I saw a post once where it was mentioned that BMW has some kind of dual impedance on the output stage, so you can attach speakers or RCAs.

There is a different ISO adapter for cars with KP that takes the head unit's line out connetions and feeds them into the speaker wiring. Where it goes form there is anoyones guess as the stnadard headunits never had a seperate sub output

Comment

Hmm shame - will have to find a way of setting the 117Ri up properly I suppose...

Cheers anyway guys!

Comment

My Becker is connected via a standard BMW ISO connector, for sub control I effectively use the fader to bring it forward a bit. I tried the proper HK ISO connector (essentially pre-outs for the speakers) but prefer sound from the standard ISO connection method.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          My Becker is connected via a standard BMW ISO connector, for sub control I effectively use the fader to bring it forward a bit. I tried the proper HK ISO connector (essentially pre-outs for the speakers) but prefer sound from the standard ISO connection method.
          So are the HK and non HK iso adapters interchangeable? I wonder if I've got the non-HK iso...

Comment

The "HK" or cars with amps has RCA connectors also to plug in the headunit so is easy to tell which is which. I think all it does is send pre-amped to the car's amp, instead of amped out of the headunit.

PC2-05-4 Standard ISO
            PC9-04 Amp'd Systems

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...ad-p-9127.html

Comment

Guys sorry to go OT but what ISO adaptor do i need? I tried using the same adaptor i had in my S50 (no HK) but i get no sound at all from the speakers. I assume there is a different PIN configuration? (I now have the HK setup)

Comment

This.......?
                http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...7&d=1111642399

Comment

Working...
                X