Where to find hard to find parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find hard to find parts?

I'm in the process of finding some new hoses and tubes for my MC.

For the life of me, there is one part I can't seem to find anywhere.

The part number is 11151401217 and it is a small elbow "Vent Hose" that connects to the oil separator...

Where does everyone look for in finding these rare parts?

Originally posted by blanchimont View Post

The part number is 11151401217 and it is a small elbow "Vent Hose" that connects to the oil separator...

I use Rybrook for mail order oem parts. Have put in your part number and its available for £14.38 http://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-spare-parts/
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Anything you can't find Dave P will know where it will be.

He's a legend!!
      2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
      2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
      07 Volvo V70 D5
      1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
      1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Wow, that was fast!

Unfortunately, the site doesn't seem to be shipping outside the EU.

I've sent a mail asking them if they can make an exception, but I think there are some legal issues for them to ship outside the EU... *Sigh*

Comment

give the money plus post to one of the guys on here and im sure some one could order it for you and post on
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

blanchimont, where are you from/looking for the part to go?

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
              blanchimont, where are you from/looking for the part to go?
              I am located in South Korea... I know.... far from just about everywhere

Comment

I am located in South Korea... I know.... far from just about everywhere
                Have you a BMW dealer near to you that can order the part?

Comment

Surely such a part can be sourced from something else, it's just a 90degree elbow?

Comment

There was about 6 parts I needed and I was able to source 5 of them from the States through my friend; unfortunately, the cheapest, smallest part seems to be out of stock from everywhere online...

The BMW dealers in this country are very, very strict about ordering parts. The official policy is that you are not able to order any parts for any grey imports, period. Normally you can give someone else's VIN if the parts are shared, but neither the E36 M3 nor the Z3M were ever sold here... so I'm out of luck on any besopke S50 parts like this one.

Most of the time I can reason with my dealer here, having established a good relationship after buying an actual new car from them, but this part seems to be too cheap for them to spend their resources ordering it from Germany.

Can anyone in Europe help me out? I figure 50 Euros should be enough to cover the £14.38 part+shipping+what's is left for their time & effort. I can send the money via Paypal.
                    Last edited by blanchimont; 12-05-2016, 04:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

There was about 6 parts I needed and I was able to source 5 of them from the States through my friend; unfortunately, the cheapest, smallest part seems to be out of stock from everywhere online...

The BMW dealers in this country are very, very strict about ordering parts. The official policy is that you are not able to order any parts for any grey imports, period. Normally you can give someone else's VIN if the parts are shared, but neither the E36 M3 nor the Z3M were ever sold here... so I'm out of luck on any besopke S50 parts like this one.

Most of the time I can reason with my dealer here, having established a good relationship after buying an actual new car from them, but this part seems to be too cheap for them to spend their resources ordering it from Germany.

Can anyone in Europe help me out? I figure 50 Euros should be enough to cover the £14.38 part+shipping+what's is left for their time & effort. I can send the money via Paypal.

I can ring my dealer and see if the part is available in the UK and let you know on Monday.

Comment

I can get one from my dealer if you still need one.

Comment

Woo hoo!
                          You are a legend, mate. Let me know the best way to send you the payment. I sincerely appreciate the kind help.

Comment

Woo hoo!
                            You are a legend, mate. Let me know the best way to send you the payment. I sincerely appreciate the kind help.
                            I should have it in a couple of days and will be in touch

Comment

Sweet. Thanks again mate. Let me know when it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X