X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Good job!

The shadow chrome wheels really suit it.
      Thanks!

And thank you Dave for magically making those shots bigger! The wheels kinda let it down, as I've only one good one. One of the rears is hypersilver (previous owner somehow did that) and the other rear wheel that is chrome shadow is really flaked badly.

But for now, I'm really happy with how the car looks, and the wheels will come eventually.... :)

Comment

Good job!

The shadow chrome wheels really suit it.
        Pity Indy doesn't do trans Atlantic deals, so that you could get a matching set!!!

The car looks great though after all that work you have had done.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Its been a while since I've posted anything here about the progress to the M Coupe, but I've done the following:

ZHP gear knob and LeatherZ gear surround

[IMG]Oxford green M Coupe by R0NAN, on Flickr[/IMG]

LeatherZ handbrake cover and original OEM center console (found on eBay, no longer available)

Oxford green M Coupe by R0NAN, on Flickr

I also finally got the wheels refinished in a Chrome Shadow finish, but power coated vs. painted. I love how they look, and the power coating will last longer (hopefully) . You can also see the painted roof rail channels in this shot. I also color matched the rear spoiler, and the section behind the ///M gills on the front wings. This was by mistake, and once I saw it, I actually preferred it and left it body color.

Oxford green M Coupe by R0NAN, on Flickr

One more interior shot!

I bought a Z4M steering wheel, which will be my next project! Hope you enjoy.

Comment

Looking good!!

A Z4M steering wheel.... will it fit??
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Wise choice going for powder coated vs painted. It will last much longer, is much more durable against stones chips etc.

I used this company in the UK:
              http://aerocoat.co.uk/

Not expensive, and look great

Comment

Looking good!!

A Z4M steering wheel.... will it fit??
                Yes it will! 😄 it takes a bit of work though. Mine will be all black.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                  Wise choice going for powder coated vs painted. It will last much longer, is much more durable against stones chips etc.

I used this company in the UK:
                  http://aerocoat.co.uk/

Not expensive, and look great
                  Thanks, I wasn't sure at first but a mate who has an E39 540i with M5 wheels, got them power coated and swears by the finish durability (he also works at an auto collision place specializing in BMW's...) so I went with his recommendation.

Comment

I forgot to mention, I got a new ///M auto dimming mirror. I got the original one repaired, and got a new spare. I think there is only a handful of new ones left in the world, so if you've a S54 and need one....you better get your hands on it!

If you have one where the fluid has leaked they can be repaired.

The eagle-eyed of you will have noticed the fuch wheel in the garage- its from my 1969 Porsche 912.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan1 View Post
                      Yes it will! 😄 it takes a bit of work though. Mine will be all black.
                      I'll be interested to see how it looks! Are you having the ///M stitching on it?
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I'll be interested to see how it looks! Are you having the ///M stitching on it?
                        Its going to be completely stock as the Z4M wheel. I have the wheel, I will take a photo of it and upload it.

Comment

Working...
                        X