Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > M Coupe Journals
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15-11-2019, 09:12 PM

So, it's been a while since an update.....With good reason, it's hardly turned a wheel since.

Back in August 2018 I ran it in for a few hundred miles, on a base map so it could then go on the dyno to have the Emerald ECU mapped. I did the gentle miles, had a few little snagging jobs done at DynoTorque and then it went off to Emerald in Norfolk.

They were in no particular hurry and neither was I as I had a building project on the go, plus a load of other major life stuff going on. Having nowhere to keep it due to the build was the major motivation for being quite happy for it to sit at Emerald, which it did, for the best part of a year!

Anyway, fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I got it back fully set up and running sweet It made around 520 power and torque on their notoriously conservative dyno so peak numbers are plenty. But holy shit has it got some grunt? I'm so pleased!

The whole point of the motor swap was to give it low end NA shove and it really delivers. It's transformed the power delivery and feel of the car. With the LS1 it was good but with this stroked LS3 it's rekindled my excitement.........Just in time to garage it for the shit weather, oh well

I'm missing some LM centre caps and it needs some TLC and a valet after being stood a while but it'll give me something to tinker with over winter.

So it's had a really good refresh after ten years of ownership. In addition to the new engine and gearbox it's had:

Full respray. New cills, front wings and front and rear windscreens. Z3 quick steering rack. AP caliper overhaul and new discs. KW suspension set-up. Pilot Sports

The paint shop really looked after me, I got good money for the LS1 pull out and bought most parts at trade so I've not blown my brains financially. Even though it's been bastardised, I'm sure mine will have been dragged along for the ride with the price rises of standard cars too, so I'm well happy with what it owes!

^ Pretending to be a Tesla on charge :)

^ Outside Dyno Torque. Check out their latest LS/LT donor car lurking in the background....Clue: Not the Smart :)

Last edited by fok; 26-11-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 18-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Great work, thanks for the update, better late than never and good to see it back on the road

Be interested to hear how it sounds, try and do a video at some point if you can
Old 18-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to Seca Blue

Awesome...like the sound of that a lot..
Old 25-11-2019, 06:15 PM

Very nice! this must be a the perfect setup, to give the Coupe some much needed low and mid range grunt. 520bhp must feel insane in the Coupe though.
Old 26-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_w View Post
520bhp must feel insane in the Coupe though.
Yep, I must admit it was a bit scary. I had the adrenaline shakes when I got home.
Old 27-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Are you considering the Cars & Coffee meet next year? I'm really keen to take a look at it!
Old 28-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_wgallery View Post
Are you considering the Cars & Coffee meet next year? I'm really keen to take a look at it!
Yes, I'll go if I'm around, I only live about 15 minutes away.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:21 PM

Here's Craig who built my car talking about his own personal V8 conversions including his latest LT powered AM Vantage..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_W...ZlI8y6kRgH6ryo

Should be a beast!

Last edited by fok; 09-12-2019 at 06:32 PM.