Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Leeds - T421REH

Hello all,

I recently acquired my first Z3MC and having made use of the excellent buying guide when looking for my car I thought I'd join up and say hi.*

It's a silver 1999 S50 on 84k miles reg T421REH. On looking into the car's history it has been owned by a couple of forum members in the past - skolt1 and RB2 as far as I can tell.

It's a cat C car which I was initially a bit unsure about but there are receipts for the repairs with the paperwork which show that the damage wasn't particularly extensive and there are a couple of threads on here about it too which helped to put my mind at rest. I had the car inspected by a good BMW indy before I bought it and it came back with a clean bill of health so the deal was done!

I use the car daily and it's an absolute joy to drive. There are a few bits to improve on but that's all part of the fun and for now I'm just planning on enjoying it as it is. In due course I'll probably have the bonnet resprayed as there are a couple of rusty stone chips and the mirror bases are showing signs of corrosion which could do with looking at as well. The seat bushes need replacing, the M badges are a bit faded and a braided clutch hose is also on the shopping list. Otherwise it's a cracking little car that drives really well and puts a smile on my face whenever I go out in it.

In the meantime if anyone can help with tracing some of the early service history of the car that would be really appreciated. The first stamp in the book is at 35k miles in 2005 but I have a BMW service visits print out that shows a number of visits to BMW main dealers in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. Unfortunately the print out doesn't list the work that was done and the dealers don't have any further information as they wipe their records after 7 years if a car hasn't been back to them. I've tried BMW UK but they only seem to have the same list of service visits that I already have with no further detail.

I'll try contacting skolt1 and RB2 if they're still on the forum on the off chance that they have any of the early invoices etc but if anyone has any other ideas then please let me know! If not it isn't the end of the world and I'll just concentrate on driving and enjoying the car for now.

Cheers

Rich

Goddamn, there goes my exclusivity in Leeds then

Congratulations and enjoy the new toy!
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Ha ha, sorry about that! We'll have to arrange some sort of rota. I'll have Tuesdays, Thursday's and alternate weekends

Comment

Welcome to the forum , there is some information about this Coupe on the forum

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/search...archid=1878334

Comment

Thanks Dave. Some useful posts in those links. Trying to round up service history from 15 years ago is probably a bit of a long shot but worth a try!

Tony - if you're in the Leeds area do you have any recommendations for a garage that can be trusted when it comes to servicing?

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the forum and Z3M ownership!!!

I also live in Leeds! Think that makes three or four of us now so about time we had a mini meet.
            2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Jesus, why can't people just buy 911s and blend in?
              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Welcome Rich
                1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X