Instrument panel wipe out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument panel wipe out

Never seen this one before. Out for a drive and looked down to an instrument panel reading nothing. Everything at zero. Speedo, fuel, Rev and temp.

Got home. Switched off and restarted. Problem gone away. Although I did notice that the Rev counter stays at the revs that I switch off at. When I restart again it zeros and then starts to count normally

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Robert

Check wiring/connectors to the cluster ?

Comment

Probably worth checking the battery connections are clean and tight, especially the -ve.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I had something similar a while back, although not exactly the same.
        If you’re still stuck after the above suggestions then check and clean up the speed sensor connector on the diff housing.

Your issue sounds a bit more complicated, but if it is this fixes it then it could be 5 minutes well spent.

Good luck!

Comment

Interesting I think I had the same issue tonight.
          Took the car out for the weekly shop - no dramas.
          Loaded up the boot with the bags of food and beer and jumped in, started the car - was just leaving the car park when I noticed the instrument cluster was completely off. Speed, revs, temp and fuel all zero. LED panel black. No warning lights - just completely dead.
          Whilst on a straight I popped the car into neutral and coasted so I could cycle the ignition - then the cluster came on completely normally and worked all the way home.

Slightly odd. Anyone come across this?
          ----------------
          David
          1999 M Coupe (S50)
          >>Read my journal here<<
          2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
          2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Working...
          X