S54 revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S54 revamp

Howdy all! I am in the process of refreshing the exterior of my 2001 Oxford Green M Coupe (beige interior) which is a 1 of 3 car in the US. I picked it up last July with some cosmetic issues.

First time I saw the car, I knew I had to have it. I love the Oxford Green colour, and I'd never seen one before. The PO wasn't overly concerned about keeping in tip top shape (cosmetically) however. Here are some of the issues;

(1) Passenger side rear quarter had a big dent
    (2) Bonnet has paint damage from dried in bird poo
    (3) hatch scratched from bike rack (roof too)
    (4) bumper scuffs

Basically, there wasn't a panel on the car which didn't need attention. After going back and forth a few times deciding on rear quarter panel replacement only vs. full repaint, I finally decided to do the full repaint. I am working with what is understood to be one of the best bodyshops in San Francisco.

As part of the process, I am also replacing the following;

(1) new Kidney grilles
    (2) new front mesh grille on lower bumper
    (3) clear bumper side marker lights
    (4) roof rail trim pieces
    (5) badging (M badges/roundels)
    (6) rear wiper (current one has snapped hose)

Here are some progress pics, I'll post more as I take them. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Ronan1; 31-05-2013, 03:49 AM.

Great picture showing the air intake for the oil cooler, also what is the part attached to the front of the radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      Great picture showing the air intake for the oil cooler, also what is the part attached to the front of the radiator?

I believe it's the alarm siren, I will check it again when I see it next. Love how the car looks naked! It needs to get prepped for paint next week. Looking forward to seeing it in that stage.

Comment

That is a really interesting photo, looks mean!
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

A little more progress.

Also will be replacing all the rubber seals/badges/grille pieces etc.

Comment

After prep!

Comment

A little more progress. The car looks wonderful in the flesh. It should be ready next week.

I dropped in all the parts;
              new bumper mesh
              badges
              side grilles
              rear wiper
              window seals for front door, b pillar and rear windows
              roof rail trim
              door handle surrounds

I also got the rear spoiler painted which looks great too.
              Last edited by Ronan1; 04-07-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Should be getting the Coupe next week hopefully. I dropped in to take some additional pics.

I got the roof spoiler painted body color, and the new roof rails will also be painted body color.

I will post more pics when I get the car back!

Comment

Great work!

I love that colour, my first Z was OG. My favourite colour after LSB

Comment

Originally posted by siwilson View Post
                    Great work!

I love that colour, my first Z was OG. My favourite colour after LSB
                    Thanks! Some pics from today, the car is making good progress. Hopefully next weekend it should be ready! Can't wait :)

Comment

Ugh. Still waiting :) Should get it next Friday I'm told now. I can hardly wait!

Trying to get the minor details sorted like getting the lights polished before the front bumper goes back on, and making sure the new ///M boot badge is in the right location for the S54 (it was in the S52 location previously, as the boot was already repainted at some point).

I will have to wait a while to get the wheels refinished, but thankfully this shop can also perform the proper Chrome Shadow finish. I would like to get some Works Meisters but those wheels almost cost as much as the paint job :)

Hopefully next Saturday I will have pics from the cars and coffee event I'm supposed to attend. Stay tuned!

Comment

Picked up the Coupe today finally, and it looks like a new car! I will take better pics over the weekend.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice one

Comment

Thanks Dave. Took a few more snaps today, attached them to flickr since I've no idea how you imported a huge image like that into the message :)

In case anyone is wondering, I painted the rear spoiler and roof rail trim pieces, and I think it makes the car look more modern.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9543704...n/photostream/

Comment

Good job!

The shadow chrome wheels really suit it.
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
                              X