Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Brake Pads

Hi
    I am taking my car onto the track. I am a novice at this and don’t expect to do much of this or to be hammering the car really hard while I am there. I need pads that can be left on and are good for road use but will also be fine with the higher temps from track use. I have upgraded the fluid. Anyone got any recommendations on what pads would be good and are good value?
    Shane

Welcome to the forum , many options for uprated pads with EBC yellowstuff being a popular fast road pad and used by many forum members

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15755

Comment

It's been a few years since I've used Yellowstuff but they were pretty good I found. Not the best but for the money very good. I found these better than blue or orange compound ebc pads.

I run Pagid RS29 on my car which are very very good pads which work as normal on the road but get better on track. Low fade and generally quiet. Last ages. Very expensive though.

There's a potential option from CL Brakes RC5+(?) not used them personally but they seem to get good reviews as a decent all-rounder.

I found Ferodo DS2500 to give a lot of judder when I used them on track.

Be prepared for high risk cooking your brakes either way though! I found a sweet spot with mine running OE discs, RC6 or RS29 pads with cooling ducting, but still occasionally had issues even when I ran the same setup again. Don't run RC6 pads on the road or on track for light use, they are very noisy and dusty - exceptionally powerful though.

Comment

EBC Yellowstuff..

Comment

Another vote here for Yellowstuff. I have them on both the M Coupe and the 2.8, and I find them brilliant.... although I haven't tried the more expensive pads

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I have just changed my yellow stuff pads to DS2500.

No complaints with the Yellow stuff, did half a dozen trackdays on them and MUCH better than the standard pads. They were however getting a bit thin so have just fitted the Ferodo's, i'm at Cadwell on Monday, i'll update then!

Comment

Yellowstuff for me too.
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

DS2500 worked fine today, not driven back to back but seemed on a par with Yellow stuff.

Comment

Ferrodos were squeaky as fark

Comment

Working...
                  X