Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's running PS4 tyres?

Hi all,

Looking at replacing my tyres, shamefully due to age not wear..... fronts are 10yrs old and rears are 11......they have been stored for some of that time but are way past their prime

Looking to get a set of Michelin PS4 and was wondering if anyone was running them and what your thoughts were of them on the MC.

They seem to get great reviews in general but would be interested in MC specific opinions.

I have noticed that they only offer 95Y on the OEM rears (17) when I think the original fitment had a lower loading (91?).....but assume it will not make much difference, especially if I play around with tyre pressures.

Any thoughts/ opinions (apart from WTF are you doing running old rubber and drive it more) would be much appreciated
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

I don't have them on the coupe, but I do have them all round (225 45 front, 235 40 rear) on my 2.8 Z3 and they're a great tyre, I can really throw it into corners and have confidence they will grip

Shouldn't need to worry about the loading

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I have them on the coupe and have PS4S on my c63 and they are brilliant.

Comment

Had them fitted to my M Roadster 3 months ago. Truly outstanding tyres for grip, feel an initial change of direction.

Comment

Fitted them to my MC a few months ago. Not done a load of miles but no complaints. I’m not very adventurous mind. I think I’ve gone PS2, PS3, PS4...

Unless I’m unhappy I don’t see the point in experimenting tbh.
          S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Thanks all, good to hear lots of positive feedback.

I have used various combinations over the years on the MC:

4 x Dunlop sp sport maxx
            Michelin PS2s on front, Dunlops rear
            4 x Michelin PS2s
            Michelin PS2s on front, Pirelli P zero rear
            Goodyear Asy1 on front, Pirelli P zero rear
            Goodyear Asy1 on front, Dunlops rear
            Goodyear Asy1 on front, Continental rear

I cannot say any of them have been bad, although the Dunlops when I bought it in 2009 were past their best (fronts started falling apart when they removed them).

Best from memory were PS2s all round when I drove down to the Italian lakes.....but may have been the roads

I will get some PS4 fitted, looking forward to getting some matching rubber, thanks again fellas.
            S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

I have PS4s. I've put about 4k miles on them this summer. Mostly dry miles. They've been great.

Comment

Working...
              X