S50 Estoril Z3M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Estoril Z3M Coupe

I'm regretfully putting my Coupe up for sale. I have recently got a new job increasing my commute from 20 mile a day to 90 miles a day so I'm looking out for a 330d.

Advert here;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1879041.htm

good luck with the sale, may be worth adding any options fitted, looks like it has side airbags and cruise control?

Comment

It does have side airbags and cruise. I thought they were standard. I'll edit it soon. I think I've priced it fairly but you never can tell with these cars.

Comment

Brewster, I do 100 miles a day in mine. Would really miss it if I had to do the journeys in something else!!

Ian
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Price reduced to £9300.

Comment

I've had my start date confirmed for my new job and I have my eye on a replacement car now. As such the car is now at £8800 but strictly no offers as I wouldn't be able to complete the deal on the new oil burner at less than this.

This car is in great condition, especially considering the mileage, and is truly a bargain now.

Comment

F@kin mad price
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

cheap as chips!!

Comment

Revised advert link;

Clicky

If anyone has any advice as to what I may be doing wrong I'm all ears. I appreciate that the car has high mileage, but I believe it's very competitively priced and I've done my best to show how well it's been looked after. Not many cars of this mileage will come with the comprehensive history and provenance of this one, surely? I thought Pistonheads would be the ideal place to advertise it. Is it worth paying to put it on eBay/Autotrader too? Am I too honest about the minor things wrong with the car (paint chips, etc) when people would automatically expect this on a car above 100k miles? I'm no David Bailey, but are my pictures shit? Do they make the car look uncared for?

Maybe it is that they're just not selling. I imagine many people who would be looking to buy as a toy will be spending on holidays, but I'm not sure this accounts for the stagnation of the Z3M market entirely.
                    Last edited by Brewster; 06-08-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Bottom line is I think its the mileage. Before I knew about the cars I wouldn't have considered one with this sort of mileage. I would now but only as I have confidence having owned one that if looked after as yours has been then its not a problem.

I also think that E46 M3 prices are really starting to be a consideration. Agreed that they are not the same cars but I suspect most people would consider one if looking for a MC.
                      Last edited by MGR; 06-08-2010, 09:22 AM.
                      Ex 2001 S54
                      New cars:
                      Lotus Carlton
                      350Z

Comment

IMO too low a price can de as off putting as a high one. If it was me I would be up at 9995 you would be still cheapest on ph and when you do get a bite you could strike when they put their first ( what they think is) silly offer and you accept. Someone looking for an mc is not really looking for the cheapest but the best for what money they have. List all bills invoices and servicing and get a picture up of a big pile of paperwork you have for car.
                        Best of luck
                        99 Z3M COUPE, 05 530d M SPORT, 95 E36 328I COUPE TRACK HOUND (about to be sold) 91 78k MILES FBMWSH E30 318is RIGHTNESS:(now sold but never forgotten ) AND ONLY NONE BMW 68 MORRIS MINI COOPER S

Comment

I agree, sometimes a too cheap price puts people off straight away as it infers the seller does not value it either. It's hard when you want to sell a car quickly but these cars just don't generally sell that quickly regardless of the price as the audience is so small.

Comment

Also consider leaving mileage off ad and going to town with sh description to get phone ringing and then SELL the mileage to the prospective buyer.
                            99 Z3M COUPE, 05 530d M SPORT, 95 E36 328I COUPE TRACK HOUND (about to be sold) 91 78k MILES FBMWSH E30 318is RIGHTNESS:(now sold but never forgotten ) AND ONLY NONE BMW 68 MORRIS MINI COOPER S

Comment

Originally posted by Brewster View Post
                              Revised advert link;

Clicky

If anyone has any advice as to what I may be doing wrong I'm all ears. I appreciate that the car has high mileage, but I believe it's very competitively priced and I've done my best to show how well it's been looked after. Not many cars of this mileage will come with the comprehensive history and provenance of this one, surely? I thought Pistonheads would be the ideal place to advertise it. Is it worth paying to put it on eBay/Autotrader too? Am I too honest about the minor things wrong with the car (paint chips, etc) when people would automatically expect this on a car above 100k miles? I'm no David Bailey, but are my pictures shit? Do they make the car look uncared for?

Maybe it is that they're just not selling. I imagine many people who would be looking to buy as a toy will be spending on holidays, but I'm not sure this accounts for the stagnation of the Z3M market entirely.
                              I don't think you're doing anything wrong it's just finding the right person. The car is a good colour, good spec, excellent condition for the mileage, I just think the mileage would be a little high for most MC buyers. Don't get me wrong 112k is not high for a well looked after car but some people just see over 100k and don't look any further.

I think your price is very good and you should just hold on a little bit and the right person will come. Unfortunately if you need the cash now then ebay is your only option but I doubt you'll get much over £7000 as the ebay market is generally poor for cars like ours.
                              - Dakar Yellow S50

Comment

Working...
                              X