Z3M Bonnet alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3M Bonnet alignment

Dear all, probably a daft question, but I have noticed from my research prior to buying, and on my current car, that many of the bonnets seem to overhang the bumper, is this true on all, or is it an optical illusion on the porous of some cars where it seems not as bad, and if its all is it normal, and is there a reason it occurs?

cheers

J.

2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

You will see this on many cars but it is due to the bumper being pushed in too far. You can adjust by loosening the torx bolt that holds the bumper and carrier to the shock absorber and body. I will try and find some pictures -

Comment

Some of the panel alignments on the MC can be a little skewy, but that's not something that I think I've ever noticed. How does it sit in line with the other panels that the bonnet aligns with?
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

There is a picture here,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82740&postcount=13

Comment

I'd go and look at mine to check, but like a complete and utter idiot, just two hours ago I locked my MC in my garage, forgetting that my only key for the garage padlock was actually IN the MC

What a plank.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Not a close up but should look like this, (wheel arch should run smooth from bonnet to bumper)

The panel gaps should be around 5mm from bumper to bonnet, there is more adjustment via a plastic bracket found behind the front of the plastic wheel arch liner but this is normally more for fine tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
              How does it sit in line with the other panels that the bonnet aligns with?
              Generally, it looks ok, there's just an overhang, which I've seen on a few cars, ill see if it's adjustable, but I think the bumper is far enough forward to suit the lines of the car around the edge of the wing.

Cheers all for the input.

J.

Comment

Looks like the NSF Is a better fit and alignment on this photo, and the OSF could slide forward a bit, so I'll give that a go at the weekend.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to look at how it attaches, as not had the wheels off it yet, that will be the next job, so clean under the arches etc.

Comment

Working...
                X