Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• becker head unit

Hi .
    Will the Becker head unit work with the harmon kardon amp that is fitted to my car?
    Cheers Stoney.

Yes, with the right connectors :)

Comment

Thanks .
      what are the connections?
      will I be able to get them from carsound or some other audio shop.

Comment

yeah you just need a iso lead, and if you have sat nav you wil need to cut the black/white wire and put that into the correct pin

Comment

The correct pin ,whoa this sounds like a can of worms Im about to open which pin is it then.

Comment

Originally posted by stoney View Post
            The correct pin ,whoa this sounds like a can of worms Im about to open which pin is it then.

Hi stoney,

I have the 7992 fitted with the HK setup and had no issues. Carsound fitted it for me and they just sorted the wiring out. Charged me about £100 i think which isnt cheap but they routed my ipod adapter and microphone.

I could meet you somewhere or you could pop over to mine if you want to have a look. IIRC you are pretty local to me.

Cheers

David
            EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
            Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Apparently there is a specific connector lead for BMW cars fitted with the HK setup; I just bought a standard BMW:ISO connector and it works but I think this means the speaker outputs are amped to the HK amp, rather than pre-amped.

Comment

ok guys thanks I will wait and see whats happening about the head unit and do some more research.
                David 1975 I will get in touch if I get stuck thanks for the offer.
                I havent seen another M coupe around since I bought mine in September.
                Last edited by stoney; 22-01-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X