Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACS 19's (type III) sizes (and correct tyres?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
    Dave, I love these wheels.

Can I ask were you purchased them from (what do you mean by "polished"?)

Pics would be great
    I bought these off ebay with tyres, (not from scotland), they came off a e46 m3 but are the same part numbers as z3m fitment just with different spacers needed, I am having the wheels re furbed and the outer edge polished and re lacquered, I'll post some pictures when fitted, I also have a pair of new 18" 9.5" rears but am struggling to find 2 genuine fronts to make a set.

Comment

Ah, I never realised the e46 M3 was the same wheel.

So are you having the lips "polished" to a mirror / stainless / chrome effect ?
      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

ok so i got a message back today from one of the SA S54 owners and he tells me the wheels are 18! 225/40 fronts and 265/40 rears.

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
          Ah, I never realised the e46 M3 was the same wheel.

So are you having the lips "polished" to a mirror / stainless / chrome effect ?
          I am having them polished to a stainless finish as per original, even though the wheel refurb company recommend a silver/chrome powdercoat finish.

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
            tyre sizes 255/30/19 rear and 235/35/19 front
            sorry 265/30/19 rears not 255

Comment

now i know why they were so hard to find

Click here to email me

Comment

I was going to say... To have the same rolling radius as a 235/35, the wider tyre must be a 265/30.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                  I was going to say... To have the same rolling radius as a 235/35, the wider tyre must be a 265/30.
                  cheers for confirming

are you changing your wheels Keith?

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                    cheers for confirming

are you changing your wheels Keith?
                    I've considered it, yes.

But it comes down to the fact that unless you use E46 M3 wheels with spacers, you cannot really get correct fitment, or rims to show off the massive depth that rear ET8 allows - which the OEM 17"s are great for.

As you know, I love ACS IIIs (had them on my CS), but I will not go to 19"s.
                    IMVHO they look just wrong on an MC... 18" is the maximum I think looks 'right', and 18" ACS IIIs with the rear concave are rare as fook, and even if you can get them, they still dont show of the dish and require 20mm spacers which I dont like the idea of. 10-15mm is the biggest spacer I'd really like to go on any car due to the stress it puts on the hub and the bolts.

I would only change wheels for something like C_W's Rondell 0021s in 17" flavour.

Trouble is, for the cost of some nice rims and tyres, I could keep the OEM 17's and their perfect dish, and use the money instead for some serious chassis mods - perhaps some Bilstiens + H£R ARBs along with some extra ARB mount welding for strength.

Wheels are low on the list of priorites ATM; I see myself doing a full suspension refresh and getting it low first

Comment

Has anybody not look at 5-series ACS wheels or do they not come it that fitment? They are generally lower offset (eg my rear Rondells are 10J ET15) as the E46 M3 are only about halfway between the front and rear offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                        Has anybody not look at 5-series ACS wheels or do they not come it that fitment? They are generally lower offset (eg my rear Rondells are 10J ET15) as the E46 M3 are only about halfway between the front and rear offsets.
                        I dont think (although I'll happily be proved wrong) that you can get ACS wheels in 5er fitment unless you go 19"... So it comes back down to the fact that you'll have to go 2inches bigger than standard, which I don't agree with.

Saying that, perhaps there are some of the older style 17"/18" Type Is and IIs in old 5er offsets that could work?

Comment

rear e39 and z3m 18" acs type III are the same wheel which use a 10mm spacer not 20mm as stated, the acs 19" e46 m3 rear wheel needs a 20mm spacer instead of the 7mm, the acs spacers fit into their wheels unlike other after market spacers so not a problem using a 20mm spacer, e39 5 series wheels are a lot rarer than e46 m3 size wheels, also the e39 wheels are all the same so you would have a 9.5" front wheel on your mcoupe. I am going to fit a set of 19" acs type III racing split rims to my coupe after seeing other cars with 19"s fitted to me they look fantastic. you could get 18" of 19" acs wheels for a e39 5 series but the 19" acs type III are now discontinued.

Comment

rear e39 and z3m 18" acs type III are the same wheel which use a 10mm spacer not 20mm as stated, the acs 19" e46 m3 rear wheel needs a 20mm spacer instead of the 7mm, the acs spacers fit into their wheels unlike other after market spacers so not a problem using a 20mm spacer, e39 5 series wheels are a lot rarer than e46 m3 size wheels, also the e39 wheels are all the same so you would have a 9.5" front wheel on your mcoupe. I am going to fit a set of 19" acs type III racing split rims to my coupe after seeing other cars with 19"s fitted to me they look fantastic. you could get 18" of 19" acs wheels for a e39 5 series but the 19" acs type III are now discontinued.
                            Thanks for clarification Dave.

That makes sense. I was actually thinking what the dished (rear) 18" type IIIs were intended for - now it seems obvious that they must have been for the 5, as ACS only make 19s for the E46 M3.

I'll keep my eyes peels for 18", 5 fitment ACSIIIs then

Comment

Yep, obviously you want a 5 rear and a 3 front, that's where it gets difficult as you have to effecitvely split up two sets of wheels and are left with 4 wheels that don't make a set after you've taken what you need!! Luckily I managed to get my Rondells from a dealer who sold the wheels to my spec 3series front, 5 series rear.

Comment

I have seen e39 acs III for sale but as c_w says you would need another set of 3 series wheels to make up 2 full sets for the m coupe!

Comment

Working...
                                X