X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Homework

pics and info from paulwirral

Originally posted by paulwirral

A few of you guys seemed interested in the garage build last year, so here's one I've been building the past 5 years, though I did it the hard way and built a 3 bed, 2 bathroom open plan house on the side of it in south west France!

It's been a solo effort from drawing the plans and spec myself, gaining planning and actually digging out, foundations, physically building the thing myself to finishing it off inside, I'm nearly done barring some landscaping and a small plunge pool.
    I have had a little help from a couple of mates for a couple of weeks but that's been it.

I could have had a GT3RS for what I've got in it, but ultimately, I'm more interested in property.

Cheers for looking
    Paul

Last edited by indy; 17-02-2014, 02:12 PM.

Click here to email me

Thanks for that , you'll no doubt see it in June if your coming to the ring .
    Spoke to Andy yesterday and I'm gonna drive up from France and meet him at guidos on the Thursday so if your coming with me you need to fly over Wednesday 11th June at the latest .
    I think we are there Thursday , Friday and half a day Saturday and then we can shoot down to reims a few hours away , check out the old track remains and have a night out in reims town centre .
    Then drive back to mine , Andy is gonna stay a couple more days so you may even score a lift back to England if you don't take your own car ?
    Or you could actually drive a couple of laps in our cars this time , seeing as you turned the offer down last year
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Check out Mr Handyman!

If it was Lego I'd be your man. The real stuff is a mystery to me - looks like you definitely know what you're doing - great work.
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Cheers for the compliment seca .
        The machinery , digging out and construction were easy to me , the plans and spec weren't to bad because I can speak a little french in the context of building but I was well stuffed when it came to telephone conversations !
        Managed to bribe a multi lingual friend into sorting out water and electric supplies with a booze fueled BBQ

Comment

Fantastic, well done!
          S54 M Coupe
          D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Cheers , the neighbours think I'm a nutter , this English bloke turns up in a heap of crap cab star and builds a house by himself , I was starting to agree with them after 5 months

Comment

So when is the summer meet at yours Paul?
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I'm there from start of march for 6 weeks , all of June apart from 12th to 16th when I'm going up to the ring and back via reims , Indy has first dibs on the passenger seat from France but if he passes on it and takes his own car there may be a spare place
                No idea what I'll be driving up in though .

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
                  After selling the coupe to itsdashy, I spent some of the money turning a dirty hole in the ground, into a decked terrace with a plunge pool!

pic and words from paul!

Click here to email me

Comment

What a fantastic job you have done Paul...you should be very proud!

Comment

Proud , I'm tired cheers , to put some perspective into the pics , the little pool is where the digger is parked in the second photo , even I'm starting to question my sanity for carrying out this project , I only did all the stone walling because i dug all the rough stone out of the site , spent weeks sorting and dressing it then even longer laying it , at least it saved getting rid of it though !

Comment

After all this hard work, are you going to rent it out?

Click here to email me

Comment

I was going to offer it to forum members for a couple of hundred quid a week just to cover the extra costs but when no one took up the France - ring trip with pick up and drop off at airports I don't think anyone is interested in it , I've never had a problem giving things away before
                          I'm there all September and into October , give me a shout if your coming down and I'll fix you up with my Dutch friend , she likes younger men , bit of a cougar

Comment

Working...
                          X