No announcement yet.

Life with the M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, I like the bricks matching the house.

Comment

Congratulations Ian, great news!

Having recently become a Dad myself its top marks for building the garage to keep the MC

Keep us updated, interesting stuff. Are you building it yourself?
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Is it going to be just a garage or also a man cave keep the updates coming.

Comment

Thanks Spooks,

I would love to say I was but unfortunatly not due to time restraints at work, although I have managed to get a day off this week and laid 6 courses at the back.

I will be doing all of the fit out so plumbing electrics etc

cheers

Comment

It will be a bit of both Dave, ill fit out with the sinks etc and may tile the floor but doubt i'll be putting a sofa in there.

Comment

Sorry guys been a few days and not a lot has changed, heres an update.

walls nearing completion,

and finally the lintel is up. and heres a pic with the wifes X3 to give a idea of size

and here is the reason why i want a double, and yes i know im a messy ba**ard

cheers

Comment

It's coming on well. Looks like you're in the middle of making a James Bondesque reg plate revolver
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Ha ha, I hadn't noticed that, left overs from private reg transfer, although a James Bond style gun would be good to pop off all of the non M cars that support M badges!!!

Comment

Another update,

Trying out for size

Trying to be artistic, but not really working,

Then on with the custom made roof trusses,

And as of today the gable ends are built up,

Next up is to felt and baton the roof then tile and fit eaves and facias.

Cheers

Comment

make sure the chippy and roofer are working together on this , joiners have a habit of banging on the fascia without taking into account the tilt on the bottom tile and then the roofer cant be arsed to put it right and it just never looks good , im sure you already had this in hand though , i just thought i would comment on it because the rest of the work looks top notch

Comment

You lucky swine - that is gonna be awesome.
                        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Cheers Paul, the same guy will be fitting the roof tiles and theeaves but I'll keep it in mind.

Seca, I have been wanting a double garage for years now sad I know but taken me this long to convince the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Madlotus View Post
                            Hi All,
                            Well I am please to say that my wife and I are now expecting and due on 1st May .
                            Not been on here for ages and I've just read this thread, massive congrats, Ian! Great to see my old Coupe being pampered, too. Really miss hearing it growl. I never did get around to buying a new car, the money's still sat in the bank. What can I say, twins take up every single minute of the day...no time to even bring up Auto Trader.

Garage looks awesome, too.

Anyway, midnight feed time (not me, the babies). Congrats again!

Comment

Hi Martin, good to hear you are doing well and the twins are keeping you busy, I now have a daughter who is well and doing a good job at keeping daddy awake too.

The garage is pretty much done and I'll update this thread as soon as get two hands free to download some pics of the camera.

Cheers

Comment

Love the garage build, keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X