Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > General Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Yea these wheels look fine in the car. I notice they now have a round RAID logo imprinted into the leather so that would be easy to cover with a small BMW badge? Mine has an oval raid badge which I keep thinking about peeling off and putting an M badge on!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8flex View Post
Why in the world do you guys fit such an awful looking steering wheel to your beautiful cars?
Normal steering wheel is huge, and pretty ugly. I like OEM, and this is as close to that as I can find. I can't put up with the bus wheel much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Because each order will be placed individually via their website, they are willing to apply a discount to any of the available Raid models. It'll just be a case of quoting a group buy code on your order. I'll distribute that code once we have the 5 orders required to initiate the discount. No further discount available for more than 5 orders.
Tony, you're a legend. Thanks for organising this. Do you have the code yet, or do they want to wait until 5 orders are definite?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

It's a pleasure. Helps us all out

Best wait until we have the 5 buyers ready I think. No point in anybody ordering beforehand because the discount won't be applied.

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace
Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8flex View Post
Why in the world do you guys fit such an awful looking steering wheel to your beautiful cars?
I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion on the aesthetics of the OE steering wheels on the z3s and z3ms. The thing is, for anyone taller than 6ft, the things are outright dangerous. As the wheel does not adjust on the z3, I found that my knee constantly rubbed against it reducing the speed at which I could turn the wheel. I also constantly got cramps in my hands as the grip on the wheel was too thin for me.

I personally think that the Raid wheels look extremely good. It's got a racier look and feel which are in line with the way the rest of the car looks. The OE wheel just looks out of place and causes the cabin to feel cramped compromising the driver's comfort and ability to drive safely (if on the taller side).
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 PM

I'm over 6 foot and have had absolutely no problems with the oem wheel.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 AM

Some pics of mine to help you make a decision.

nb Mine had the stick on raid wheel which I replaced with a schnitzer one but I did try one of the little ///M badges which you can get for the wheels and those fitted great as well.

The horn buttons on mine are silver but I believe the black ones are in the same place.

My 2 stage (>04/99 cars) wiring harnesses. I cut the original harness and fitted spade connectors to make the two wheels easily interchangeable. The bridge loop simply has a resistor under the shrink wrap and the ends bridge the +ve and -ve on the cars 2nd stage circuit to fool the system into thinking the airbag is connected to the 2nd circuit during the system diagnostics. If you have a pre 04/99 car you don't need this bridging wire. The connectors on the right (less the spade connectors I fitted) is what you get with the Z3 hub adaptor kit. So you can see how easy/cheap it is to make up the 2nd circuit bridge loop if you need one, no need to pay a lot for the official one (I can't remember how much they are but remember it was not worth it ;-)

Last edited by Jonttt; 04-08-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
It's a pleasure. Helps us all out

Best wait until we have the 5 buyers ready I think. No point in anybody ordering beforehand because the discount won't be applied.
1) Fat Tony
2) Gooner14
3) Breezer. Phase 1, non-perforated, no writing!
4) Racer MXM, smooth, no writing
5) Racer MXM, perforated, no writing

there now you have 5 :), just still waiting on the dual or single stage thingy. the '99 s50 is in Dubai and I am in Jeddah and the mechnics are not answering the phone or bb for some reason today. As for the '02 s54, I think its safe to assume that its a dual stage.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer mxm View Post
1) Fat Tony
2) Gooner14
3) Breezer. Phase 1, non-perforated, no writing!
4) Racer MXM, smooth, no writing
5) Racer MXM, perforated, no writing

there now you have 5 :), just still waiting on the dual or single stage thingy. the '99 s50 is in Dubai and I am in Jeddah and the mechnics are not answering the phone or bb for some reason today. As for the '02 s54, I think its safe to assume that its a dual stage.
If the S50 is a "facelift" ie chrome ringed headlights, chrome front grill slats, central locking fuel cap then it is a dual stage, if not its a pre facelift single stage ;-)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonttt View Post
If the S50 is a "facelift" ie chrome ringed headlights, chrome front grill slats, central locking fuel cap then it is a dual stage, if not its a pre facelift single stage ;-)
her is a front pic:

Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator

looks like a pre 04/99 so should be single stage airbag but worth double checking the build date from the strut sticker or chassis number via realoem/BMW web site

Tags
raid