Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• becker original cd head unit for z3m coupe/ roadster

From my Mcoupe.

Hi Rags - I have the Becker sat nav head unit and have been looking around for a changer for some time but I have no idea whether your item will work or not?

The head unit llooks like this..

..and the connectors in the boot (where the autochanger fits) look like this...

Black 02 reg S54 M Roadster

Comment

spunkym,

(Sorry Rags, slightly off topic) a couple of questions about your head unit:

1 - Is the display 'orange on black', as per the orig fit head unit?
      2 - Would that head unit work with an Ipod link (Denison for example?) as my OEM fit will not (apparently).
      3 - Is yes to both of those, what is the part number!!

Cheers,
      Nick
      The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
      RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

My unit is just a head unit.

Not sure how you would adapt it really?

Comment

Rags - your sig is far too big fella.

Comment

Sorry, will change it now.

Its funny, its a lot smaller on the other forums I use

Comment

Sorry for the confusion - I assumed you had a cd changer to go with the head unit and that was where my interest lied. The sat nav is good but you have to keep a nav cd in for it to work well, hence the need for an autochanger. You wouldn't believe the nighmare I've had trying to source one - BMW haven't got a clue and I've tried about 3 off Ebay :roll:

Trundler - in answer to your questions

1) Yes the display is orange. It is a precise match to the rest of the instrumentation and comes up with the BMW logo on power up.

2) I really don't know but would sure be intesrested in this option. I curently use my ipod with the 'illegal' FM transmitter but it's less than perfect.
              Black 02 reg S54 M Roadster

Comment

dont get the autochanger!
                just get the ipod connector, its about £80!

Comment

I cannot get any ipod link to work with my standard Business h/unit ... :(
                  I have the standard 6 cd changer, and if i can get an OEM becker unit (ie with BMW logo as per spunkym) i'll try again at the ipod thingumy.
                  (currently also using an FM tranny, but its crappy at best)
                  The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                  RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler
                    I cannot get any ipod link to work with my standard Business h/unit ... :(
                    I have the standard 6 cd changer, and if i can get an OEM becker unit (ie with BMW logo as per spunkym) i'll try again at the ipod thingumy.
                    (currently also using an FM tranny, but its crappy at best)

im confused!
                    what have you got thats becker?

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
                      im confused!
                      what have you got thats becker?
                      Sorry!! :)
                      No Becker gear yet - I have a standard (?) 'Business RDS' h/unit.
                      Like the idea of the OEM Becker trafiic pro, with Denison (or other) Ipod link.

Comment

had it before, the becker and the denison.

its alright but nothing special, and at times the ipod link was a bit tempremental, unlike the denison link in my old dears 328ci, and the kenwood link in the MG.

do you really want it for the Nav? cause to be honest that bit of its not great either!

Comment

What i really want is a head unit that doesn't look out of place (ie ultra modern, with bright blue), that will interface with any ipod link and my Parrot bluetooth kit for the mobile.
                          The Becker kit of spunky's sounded ideal, same LCD colours as OEM fit, not too flash or modern looking - the sat nav (whether good or poor) was a bonus i guess.

Comment

the alpine units have the option to change the colours

Comment

stop hijacking

Comment

Working...
                              X