Rear top mount consensus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear top mount consensus

I plan to replace the rear top mounts on my coupe in the near future.

I seem to recall that people fit some different top mounts that last a little longer than stock?

My car is used purely road trips, so quietness and compliance is my primary concern.

Many, me included, opt to swap out for the Rogue Engineering mounts. There's no performance difference but they give you access to the shock mounting from below rather than having to remove all the interior boot trim whenever you need access to them
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I'm of the belief that they fail prematurely due to incorrect fitment. I've never had any problems with rear mounts and run dampers set quite stiff.

E46 Cabrio rear mounts are the ones people tend to go for as they are slightly stiffer (apprently). Some of the generic ones are quite soft and tend to be wobbly.

As Tony said, the ability to access the top mount nuts from underneath is helpful, and since I did mine years ago I bought some Z3 reinforcement plates with bolts tack-welded on which drop in from the top (inside the boot), enabling you to put the top mount up and bolt it up from inside the wheel arch.

Comment

Rogues are good as they can be rebuilt if needed and are uprated over stock and of course only need trim removal once.

Comment

Can rogue top mounts still be bought? where from?

Comment

C&A technologies used to sell them but looks like they have ceased trading?

Comment

Must be recent Dave, I was in contact with them not too long ago

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                Must be recent Dave, I was in contact with them not too long ago

It appears C&A are no longer trading but new company called Crest run by the same people have taken over

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...tuning.223332/

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X