No announcement yet.

Tail light not working - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask them which part number it is - they have just referred to it as ZKE module. Anyway, BMW Germany have confirmed that it is NOT discontinued but don't have any in stock and it is taking ages.... Clearly not a priority for BM.
    If nothing happens this week, I'm going to write to the UK MD as the normal channels just seem to get a string of fob offs

Comment

Ok, so the part number is 61358387530 (previous number 61358387530). Bmw Uk have 67 customers waiting for this to be shipped from Germany. Mine was ordered in October and I am 40th in the queue!!! So some poor souls have been waiting much longer than me.
      Sadly Germany are only expecting to ship 26 over in bloody March! So I have no indication of when mine might come.
      An appalling lack of support which reflects very badly on the BMW brand. I will, of course , be complaining to the BMW CEO as this makes cars only 13 years old things that you cannot depend on being able to fix without significant delays- and therefore inherently less valuable. Not happy

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZ View Post
        Ok, so the part number is 61358387530 (previous number 61358387530). Bmw Uk have 67 customers waiting for this to be shipped from Germany. Mine was ordered in October and I am 40th in the queue!!! So some poor souls have been waiting much longer than me.
        Sadly Germany are only expecting to ship 26 over in bloody March! So I have no indication of when mine might come.
        An appalling lack of support which reflects very badly on the BMW brand. I will, of course , be complaining to the BMW CEO as this makes cars only 13 years old things that you cannot depend on being able to fix without significant delays- and therefore inherently less valuable. Not happy
        Plenty for sale on ebay not sure if they can be used on different cars or whether they can be recoded?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-GM-...item54150c9f7d

Comment

Your current number and superceded number are both the same - do you know what the old number was?

Comment

Sorry, the previous number was61358387530. The current number is 61358387528.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZ View Post
              Sorry, the previous number was61358387530. The current number is 61358387528.
              Should that not be the other way round?

Comment

Quite probably , Dave, but I've no idea! I've copied this off the email that ML sent me.
                Letter to BMW CEO drafted and ready to go. Can't imagine he/ they will be interested. Not being able to give me a date after three months of waiting is ***t customer service by any standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Plenty for sale on ebay not sure if they can be used on different cars or whether they can be recoded?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-GM-...item54150c9f7d
                  Why not try BBA Reman based in the Medway towns (kent) they repair all electrical car ecu's etc. they may have one on the shelf.

Comment

This company do repairs on GM modules (GM5) but may repair the (GM4) as well?

http://bmwgm5.info/

Comment

Great. Thanks for the help which I will use. What I'm going to do is get BMW to give me a new part AND get my old one repaired and keep as spare. These parts aren't going to get any easier to source in the years ahead. I've had a very interesting experience with BMW and my opinion is they're not really that fussed about supporting the older cars even though they'd never admit it. Also - purely anecdotally- the ZKE is not an uncommon fault.

Comment

Did you manage to get this fixed?

Comment

Well, short answer is no
                          BMW uK (I wrote to CEO graham Grieve) are hugely apologetic but cannot say when a spare will be available - even after all this time. They assure me they have not discontinued support for these cars, but do we really believe that after 5 months of waiting ( -and there are several people who have been waiting longer than me)?
                          Anyway, ML have found a "similar" used module which has everything but interior lights working and I should get the car-and old part- back soon. I will then send off the old part for repair.

Watch out guys, BMW UK are impotent in doing anything. Parts will become harder to come by- maybe sooner than we all thought

Comment

Literally just seen this thread.

I have a spare ZKE module sat on my desk.

Part number 61358387530

Bought it years ago (used) to sort sunroof problems on my old e36, which turned out to be the mech instead.

It works just fine.

Let me know if it will be of use

Comment

Sounds great. Many thanks
                              I'm talking to ML again over the next couple of days to see where they have got to - I'll get back to you

Comment

Update.
                                Well, after 5 months a new part was finally supplied by BMW. ML have fitted/coded it and apparently all is well. I'll be keeping and repairing the old one.

So, the conclusion to this sorry tale...
                                Watch out for spares that are not used on other models, BMW commitment to support is verbal only, so they will get much harder to come by.

Topgeartom, thanks for your very kind offer. As luck would gave it, I don't need it now but hold onto it - it'll be worth(quite) a few quid one day!

Comment

Working...
                                X