Did you get to look at the blue one with 70k miles cat d at target
    working out whether to take a trip to see it

Comment

Originally posted by mcragie View Post
      Hope you enjoy your car
      Did you get to look at the blue one with 70k miles cat d at target
      working out whether to take a trip to see it
      Hi

Unfortunately i didn't look at the blue one too closely as, although i love the colour, I wanted a red/black interior and was put off by the black tint on the glass. Although am sure the glass was original and the tint would come off. It was hemmed in behind other cars but it looked straight with good panel gaps, the tyres and interior looked good and under the bonnet was clean.

If you're interested, it's a 45min Ryanair flight from Stanstead (£19.99) and Targets industrial unit is a 10min walk or 3.50 euro taxi ride (it was pouring with rain when I went!) from the airport. There's an 8.00am flight out and return at 3.00pm.

E-mail them to let you know you're going, ask for Jorst... fluent Engliish and he talked me through what he knew about the cars. They were fine about a test drive and offered me a straight forward "no frills' service. The cars are bought, cleaned and offered for sale... simple as that.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Duncan..why would you think that you would be shot down in flames?
        There has been lots of talk about the cars there and i think you are one of the first to actually go and have a Vada! well done on your purchase and enjoy the S50....you will find so much useful stuff on our site...and none of us bite...well sometimes.

Comment

Many thanks.... Delighted with the car, realise it's not perfect, but it's got plenty of miles left in it to enjoy everyday. Having had an S54 coupe a few years ago, I've found the S50 coupe a much more enjoyable drive and am surprised that the S54 is revered so much above an S50. I know that the S54 is a true 325hp (S50's probably closer to 290) and they're rarer (relatively!), but the Vanos doubt over the S50 seems to be sorted and the throttle cable/lack of electronic control certainly sharpens the driving experience.

Any enthusiasts who'd only consider an S54 model, and are patiently waiting for the right one to come along..... I'd urge you to have a test drive in both, find a good car, whichever the model, and enjoy yourself.

Brilliant forum, already helpful in identifying a slight sloppyness in my drivers seat and will be back regularly for tips and hints.

Comment

Ha, now you'll get shot down in flames

(Fellow S50 owner)
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I find the memory often plays tricks on folks...

(S54 owner!)
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Great feedback on Target Duncan, and happy to hear you've made a great purchase and are now enjoying your S50. As has been said already, lots of feedback on phone calls to them but not much in the way of actual face to face dealings, so its valuable info.

Coming from an S54 Z4M myself, I completely agree with your comment on the throttle response and general feel of the engine under load. Feels analogue in a good way and very modern classic (if that makes any sense?!)

Be great to see more photos when you have time.
                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

well my coupe is an s50, but I have two roadsters, one s50 one s54 both low miles and good non abused cars. I love the s50 and take nothing away from it but the 54 is better when driven back to back, not really worth as much extra as they command as its only slightly better (noticeably more torquey), but if you want the ultimate incarnation of a z3m, IMO, with the facility to compare them on the same day, its the s54 that wins.

Comment

Working...
                  X