• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing Estoril S50

Estoril S50 on ebay cat d 53,000 miles £18750

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-M...item23593681be

over priced for a CAT D no?

Comment

Could somebody please explain those categories to me? We don`t have that in Germany.
      sigpic

Comment

Category A: scrap only. For cars so badly damaged they should be crushed and never re-appear on the road. Even salvageable parts must be destroyed.

Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

Category C: the vehicle is repairable but the costs exceed the vehicle’s value. Can re-appear on road.

Category D: the vehicle is repairable but repair costs are significant compared to the vehicle value – including time delays to source parts. Can re-appear on road.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1987 View Post
          over priced for a CAT D no?
          I do not think so, as its low mileage.

Problem with Cat D, especially for a rare vehicle, its hard to price; current market is very strong so someone might just pay the asking, regardless of its mark

sorry got the price wrong I thought it was £15875

Comment

Thanks for the info!
            sigpic

Comment

Back on ebay, 53,000 miles £19500

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-BMW-Z...EAAOSwU-pXuUdD

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                I think I spoke to the owners son at a show recently. They run a salvage company and get hold of cat c & d cars- some they do up to sell-- this one they kept.
                The lack of 'garaged servicing' for 9 years would prob put me off
                sigpic///MCoupe S50 Estoril

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieEls View Post
                  Could somebody please explain those categories to me? We don`t have that in Germany.
                  This car will be clear on any V-Car registered once exported out of the UK
                  Basically insurance companies determine the category of the vehicle if they decide not to repair. This can be down to many reasons from amount of damage or depending what insurance cover is on the car at the time of accident (like for like etc) personally if i had a new car and it was damaged i wouldn't want it back for the simple reason of it not being "as it left factory"
                  If the insurance company decides to repair then although the car could have still been badly damaged it will stay clear on database and future owners will not know (if the job is good) unless keepers forward any information on. So yes there are so many cars within this forum and other forums with previous damage that has Not been recorded, so "CAT" cars arn't so bad after all providing you fully asses damage or previous damage. After all they come so much cheaper and best of all No unwanted surprises.

IM SURE THIS CAR WAS LISTED ON AUTO TRADER LAST YEAR AND MEMBERS UPDATED ON HERE, REGISTRATION 1SP OR SIMILAR? £12500?

Comment

in the meantime:

Comment

Looks cheap now as this was last year but im wary of cat d cars.

It could have simply been stolen recovered and hence ok or it could have been in a major front end smash and have a misaligned wheel, bent chassis, welded chassis legs, uneven panels, non original panels, bumper etc. You really need to view cat d cars and have them on a ramp and looked over with a great deal of scrutiny

Comment

Working...
                      X