• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring set F radio remote control?

Anyone know what this cable is for?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=61_0157

02WIRING SET F RADIO REMOTE CONTROL161108407747

Bit of an educated guess here but I suspect it may be a connection between the alarm siren and immobiliser on pre-2000 cars with EWSII alarm. The control box with the remote antenna is behind the glovebox. The diagram looks to show a bulkhead grommet so I guess the cable passes through it somewhere. On later cars I think the remote antenna is located in the internal rear view mirror housing so that cable wouldn't be needed. Sound plausible?
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
      Bit of an educated guess here but I suspect it may be a connection between the alarm siren and immobiliser on pre-2000 cars with EWSII alarm. The control box with the remote antenna is behind the glovebox. The diagram looks to show a bulkhead grommet so I guess the cable passes through it somewhere. On later cars I think the remote antenna is located in the internal rear view mirror housing so that cable wouldn't be needed. Sound plausible?
      Could be as they don't list the part number for the S54

Comment

I think this cable is part of the remote central locking system and goes to the rear view mirror.

Comment

Working...
        X