Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks to Stacey for organising this year

Comment

Ouch £182 tyre to replace... Scrapped it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulb1678 View Post
        Ouch £182 tyre to replace... Scrapped it!
        Maybe the running the tyre in the deflated state for a short while did damage to the sidewall or had the screw really caused carcass damage in the tread area? Main thing is you got home safely and got the tyre replaced in your own time rather than having to get something done away from home which maybe cost you a lot more.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I've still to work through my photos from Silverstone (crazy busy week) but just thought I'd drop this here for now. Without doubt the highlight of my only day at the event this year and so lucky to be around an empty(ish) pit lane to get a few photos when they moved it out to get some video footage for the team.

Built in 1962 to compete against Ferrari's official team in the 24hr Le Mans, and beating them to finish 7th. What a car! I left the tissue in shot just in case it was needed

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Swamper finally got to park with the Coupe's

Comment

Yes Pete the main thing is we arrived home safely, its £205 for the new tyre fitted, destroyed it driving from camping to the track!

Its only money!
              Attached Files

Comment

Dave your boys did you proud
                I had an M section on one end of the display with the coupes up the front
                I am waiting for martin to post up his pics as I think he got some from the bridge, the stand looked so smart as you looked from the bridge
                Next year it would be great to have us both together again (let me know your thoughts)
                And yes Wayne finally got to hang out with the coupes

Comment

Originally posted by BMBabe View Post
                  Dave your boys did you proud
                  I had an M section on one end of the display with the coupes up the front
                  I am waiting for martin to post up his pics as I think he got some from the bridge, the stand looked so smart as you looked from the bridge
                  Next year it would be great to have us both together again (let me know your thoughts)
                  And yes Wayne finally got to hang out with the coupes

I will ask the forum via a poll if they would like to attend Silverstone next year either as a dedicated forum display or same as this year with z.org.

Comment

Highlights of this year’s Classic on ITV4 on Sunday 18th August at 18.15

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1HMro3F...d=1eco36w45h7u
                    Last edited by Fat Tony; 14-08-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Just realised that I never got around to posting the few photos of the forum cars there on the Friday I was there last year. Sorry there's not more - it was all a bit of a rush with me having to make sure I got plenty of photos of everything going on for the event organisers

Comment

• Cracking photos Tony, makes the cars look fantastic (which they are!!).
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• Cheers Pete. Hoping to do two days at this years event so should have some more time to cover the forum cars as well at the official stuff

Comment

Working...
                          X