///M wheel logo dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ///M wheel logo dimensions

Sent my wheels off for refurb today and realised I forgot to measure the dimensions of the little rectangular ///M badges that sit on the wheel, as they will obviously need replacing when I get them back.

As I'd like to order them in now so I have them in advance, would someone mind measuring theirs and posting up the dimensions here so I buy the right set?

Thanks!
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Part number will be in realoem , dealer will sell you a set of genuine ones that will be correct unlike the fake ebay parts for a fraction of the cost and quality

Comment

Thanks but the fake ones I bought for my steering wheel were of perfect quality and £2 for 4 instead of £4 each! That's 1/8th of the price & delivered to my door... I know that's being lazy but the saving is worthwhile anyway - and they're easily replaced if they fail.

Can anyone help with the dimensions please?
      ----------------
      David
      1999 M Coupe (S50)
      >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

I bought cheap ones of eBay for my refurbished wheels and they didn't fit after the refurb - slightly too big
        2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

I’ve found that a lot ebay badges are great quality wheelcaps, bonnet etc. The oe badges were always gone after a few years, and side badges on the m gills were fading after a few months

Comment

Agreed. The wheel caps I took off the wheels were non-genuine. I have the receipt for them - they were bought in 2011 - they still look like new 9 years later and they only cost £8 for the set.

Unlike £50+ for a set of genuine ones which would likely be faded by now...
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Any links to good eBay traders welcome as I do need a bonnet and wheel refresh...
              2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Dave, I'll have a look in the garage as when I got my wheels refurbed, the guy there gave a slack hand full so if I find them I'll let you know. Then you can send me a PM and I'll send you some. I did put a very small dab of super glue on them to ensure they didn't drop off. Ones I got from eBay in the past did drop off.
                It will be tomorrow before I get a chance to look in garage as it chucking it down here on Teesside.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                  Dave, I'll have a look in the garage as when I got my wheels refurbed, the guy there gave a slack hand full so if I find them I'll let you know. Then you can send me a PM and I'll send you some. I did put a very small dab of super glue on them to ensure they didn't drop off. Ones I got from eBay in the past did drop off.
                  It will be tomorrow before I get a chance to look in garage as it chucking it down here on Teesside.
                  What a gent, thanks Pete
                  2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by daviddunn View Post
                    What a gent, thanks Pete
                    Managed to get into garage today and find the M wheel badges, I've got 5 pcs that I can send you. PM your address to me and I'll post them off to you.
                    Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Hi Pete if David doesn’t take them I will - hopefully picking up the wheels in the morning!
                      ----------------
                      David
                      1999 M Coupe (S50)
                      >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                        Hi Pete if David doesn’t take them I will - hopefully picking up the wheels in the morning!
                        Ok davedunn if I send you 4pces then I can also send 4pces to 137699. Just need another PM giving address for 137699.�� (David)

Don’t want anything for them as they came as part of my refurb, they also threw in new centre caps for small fee.
                        Last edited by petecossie; 13-06-2020, 11:06 AM.
                        Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                          Ok davedunn if I send you 4pces then I can also send 4pces to 137699. Just need another PM giving address for 137699.�� (David)

Don’t want anything for them as they came as part of my refurb, they also threw in new centre caps for small fee.
                          Sounds like a plan, thanks
                          2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by daviddunn View Post
                            Sounds like a plan, thanks
                            Just going to stick yours in post now. Just waiting for PM from 137699 (David) to post his off.
                            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks Pete. Dropped a donation into the site fund - consider it in your name
                              2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Working...
                              X