Agreed value insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed value insurance

With our //Ms getting old now, I tried to get a "Agreed Value" insurance quote on my //M, only to be told that most insurers only offer this for cars > 15 years old.

Anyone else managed to get this type of insurance before?

Footman James do this for the M Coupe.

Comment

Aha, thanks, c_w

Comment

exdos has this, not sure who with!

have you got any recent pics of your mc?

Click here to email me

Comment

Classic line also offer this service for a small fee I think

Comment

I am just in the process of arranging an agreed valuation through Adrian Flux - 2000 'W' S50.

Seems fairly straightforward - I send photos and a figure, they have a look and we chat if they disagree. There is a £15 charge for this - payable if we agree a value.

Dealing with the company has been very straightforward - knowledgeable people who seem to know their cars and their products/services very well. This will never catch on!

Comment

Strange, Adrian told me only cars > 15 years old :(

Got a quote of, 650 a year from Footman, for value of 15K. I pay ~ 230 a year for "normal" insurance...

Comment

Hi,
                I used a company called Grandstand Classics on my 1990 RR Silver Spirit some six+ years back and found them great to deal with.
                I had to get my local dealer to appraise it for the valuation but seeing as i worked for them at the time that was no issue.
                My friend had his 911 with them and wrote it off and value was met in full.
                I just bought my MC from one of my customers after a small incident.
                He was insured with Bell Ins who offered £9000 for the S54 with 76K
                Eventually got it to £11500 only for them to deduct XS and a very large chunk for 3 points they say he did not declare which he is adament he did.
                He ended up with just under 10K as he gave up fighting them as he needed another car.
                Agreed value is my chosen route.
                Regards Derek

Comment

i think 9k for S54 with 76k is very undervalued for an insurance payout.

is the car now on the register (write off?)

Click here to email me

Comment

Yes,it is on a cat D
                    The estimate from the approved repairer is shocking !!
                    Radiators,subframes,inner wings,bumper supports,steering racks to name but a few.
                    The car should have been repaired.
                    I could have fixed the bonnet if i put my mind to it.
                    No rad damage,bumper bar,subframes etc
                    It had only broken a piece from the bumper that meets the bonnet.
                    A dreadfull experience for the guy and ground him down to the point he threw the towel in.
                    So lesson to all about that ins company(he had been with them for over 6 years)

Comment

The > 15 year age restriction wasn't mentioned at any point during my dealings with Adrian Flux.

£457 for a £14k valuation (£15 to add if agreed).

That's for a chap, 50, 3 points, restricted to 5000 miles, semi-rural Lincolnshire, garaged, includes spouse.

Other companies I found were similar in price but insisted on me owning another car (I don't) and/or limiting the mileage to 3000 pa.

I've only had the beast 2 weeks and 5000 miles is going to be tricky as it is.

I have absolutely no faith in mainstream insurers after chatting to several about the car. Sub £5000 was all I could expect if the worst happens - a Z3 is a Z3 is a Z3 to them. But they were all honest about likely pay-outs.
                      Last edited by NottsLad; 21-05-2012, 09:16 PM. Reason: error in £value - doh!

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                        exdos has this, not sure who with!
                        I have indeed. I'm with ClassicLine and I have to get a valuation every 2 years. You can get this through ClassicLine but I use the BMW CC for it.
                        /// Exdos ///
                        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Special Car---Special Insurance search

WE feel our ZMC,s are a bit special--So-we need a Special insurer to understand our needs, they Are out there--Dont expect the Ripoff Nationals to want Your Bizzz at a reasonable cost-Dont feed them your ££ss , and they DONT want to know IF you had to make a claim.
                          safetyfast

Comment

Working...
                          X